• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Group Buy idea: PEC carbon pot (The P. D. recommended one)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Chris,

I really want to join the group buy... But my current financial and my consience still hold me to buy a pot for US$37... (As an Indonesian, I'm paid in Rupiah, while Rupiah to US$ exchange rate is getting worst. I feel guilty to my family to spend such amount of money in the recent situation)

Sorry that I ask you to connect e-sonic. Cause for their price, I might still consider to join the group. But since as you found that they are very uncertain about the product that they sell, I don't think you will get from them by the time the group has been ful-filled.

So... I'm back off... maybe next time...

Cheers,
---
David

David,

I have only the deepest sympathy with your predicament and I will
request some extra PEC's to make up the shortfall and increase my order to :-

2 X 100K log stereo
3 X 50K log stereo
3 X 22K log stereo
2 X 10K log stereo

I hope this is Okay and whoever kindly ships does so as a 'Gift' and can take paypal,HM Customs are popularly known as the adulterated filth.

Thanks awfully.

Thanks, found it....

dw1narso said:
sorry... it was burried somewhere in the middle of a thread discussion. I think it was about potentiometer discussion in this chipamp forum.

Yep, now I remember - it starts here and continues here for a page and a half.

Kuei Yang Wang said:
Use a 1M Linear law version of the Carbon track pot you use.
Use 33-47k Law Fake resistor across out & gnd, use whatever sounds best to you, Carbon composition would be my take.

Now, the big question is.....do they make an 8-deck for balanced operation?

I suppose I could always use a 4-deck as was previously pointed out:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Hi IndyAudio,

fully thanks for your "sympathy"... I don't want to sorry for myself... Just I have to be realistic on my "limits" in my life... :)

Hi darkmoebius,

are you talking about the Precision Electronic Components (PEC) potentiometer (that is starded on this thread by Chris)?

I don't think there is 8 decks version, even not the 4 decks version.

If you check PEC datasheet, maximum is 3 deck version (which use KKK code).

http://www.precisionelectronics.com/MIL Style 2RV7 PDF Download_files/MIL Style 2RV7.pdf

Regards,
---
David

dw1narso said:
Hi darkmoebius, are you talking about the Precision Electronic Components (PEC) potentiometer (that is starded on this thread by Chris)?

Sure am!

I don't think there is 8 decks version, even not the 4 decks version.

Oh well, I was kind of hoping there might be a balanced version.

The balanced ladder schematic that I posted will work with the 2 deck version.

What do you think the 3 deck version is used for?

Thanks for spec sheet, I hadn't seen that before.

Hello all,
I have been out for a few days & it looks like it will be a go!!!
Here is an updated list:

cdoggy81: 10K 25K = 2
tg3: 25K = 1
KT: 50k and 100k or 2 100k = 2
sbolin: 2 25k = 2
darkmoebius: 5K 10K 1mK = 3
nbaula: 10K = 1
powerp: 2 10K 50K 100K = 4
SvErD: 2 25K 2 100K = 4
moe29: 2 5K = 2

IndyAudi: 2 10K 3 22K 3 50K 2 100K = 10
JimD: 25K = 1
Ipolyakov: 25K = 1
x. onasis: 25K = 1
moving_electron: 100K = 1

kestrel200: ???
planet10: ???
wyomitch: ???
--------------------------------------------------------
Total = 35

IndyAudi I might neeed to switch your 22K to 25K. Let me know if this will be a problem.

The PEC rep is out of town on vacation this week & I am leaving after Christmas so I will finalize things after the new year. This should also give us some more time to get those last minute requests in. Thanks all & Happy Holidays!!!
-CHRiS

darkmoebius,
You will be better off buying the "K" series from Digi-Key. They are only $10 or so. (I still can't figure out why a mono can SELL for $10 and our COST for a stereo is almost 4x that??? :confused: They must buy one hell of a lot to get their cost down that much.) I'll keep you on the list for a 10K or 1M.

Thanks IndyAudi! :)

Here is a current list again:
----------------------------------------
cdoggy81: 10K 25K = 2
tg3: 25K = 1
KT: 50k and 100k or 2 100k = 2
sbolin: 2 25k = 2
darkmoebius: 10K or 1M = 1
nbaula: 10K = 1
powerp: 2 10K 50K 100K = 4
SvErD: 2 25K 2 100K = 4
moe29: 2 5K = 2
IndyAudi: 2 10K 3 25K 3 50K 2 100K = 10
JimD: 25K = 1
Ipolyakov: 25K = 1
x. onasis: 25K = 1
moving_electron: 100K = 1

kestrel200: ???
planet10: ???
wyomitch: ???
------------------
Total = 33

kestrel200, planet10, wyomitch, feel free to chime in any time & let me know... :D

Thanks all & Merry Christmas!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.