• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Group Buy idea: PEC carbon pot (The P. D. recommended one)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I guess whoever is point person on the group order should give e-sonic a quick call to confirm the linear/log situation.

If e-sonic does in fact have log pots, the savings is substantial.

I'll have to check my values, but I'm in for 2 pots, either 2 100k logs or 1 50k and 1 100k log.

Thanks,
KT

Ok, finally after 7 days I got a reply from e-sonic. Didn't help...
The rep told me that their part # is listed for both log & liner pots & it depends on what the mfg. sends to them. They have no way of knowing unless you can trace the lot# from the mfg. I'll still keep trying........ :confused:
-CHRiS

OK guys this is what I got so far. Not at the "30" mark yet but I'll keep trying...
For you guys with the ???, try to give me an idea on value & qty. Thanks :)

cdoggy81: 1 10K 1 25K = 2
Bill Fitzpatrick: 2 10K 2 25K and 2 50K = 6
tg3: 1 25K = 1
KT: 1 50k and 1 100k or 2 100k = 2
sbolin: 2 25k = 2
kestrel200: ???
planet10: ???
wyomitch: ???
darkmoebius: ???
--------------------------------------------------------
Total = 13

Now, things are rolling!!!

cdoggy81 said:
OK guys this is what I got so far. Not at the "30" mark yet but I'll keep trying... For you guys with the ???, try to give me an idea on value & qty. Thanks :)

Great to see things coming together

darkmoebius: ???

I just committed to building a Pass Labs Aleph 1.7 fully balanced discrete preamp, but need to check on that forum what values of pot will be best. From the archives, most people seem to be using 5k or 10k. So, I'm definetly in for both those two (stereo).

But, I am also interested in Thorsten/Kwei's suggestion of 1M law-faked pot. I guess that makes three for me.

I'll now later today and post a definite count.

Thanks for organizing this.

Bill, got your email & will do.

Here is my current list:

cdoggy81: 10K 25K = 2
tg3: 25K = 1
KT: 50k and 100k or 2 100k = 2
darkmoebius: 5K 10K 1mK = 3
nbaula: 10K = 1
powerp: 2 10K 50K 100K = 4
Total = 15

1/2 way there guys..... :D

Updated:

cdoggy81: 10K 25K = 2
tg3: 25K = 1
KT: 50k and 100k or 2 100k = 2
darkmoebius: 5K 10K 1mK = 3
nbaula: 10K = 1
powerp: 2 10K 50K 100K = 4
SvErD: 2 25K 2 100K = 4
moe29: 2 5K = 2
Total = 21

OK, 9 more & then we'll be ready :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.