Ground Box, what is inside?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
audiof001 said:
I have 2 friend with Entreq grounding boxes and their systems are the best I've ever heard in anyone's homes. These do reduce ground noise. Wouldn't it be more open-minded to try the technology first before dismissing it?
To accept ground boxes as valid would require so much open-mindedness that all previous thoughts would fall out. Why should we reject all the teaching about electromagnetism (which enables the internet, mobile phones etc. to work) in order to accommodate the beliefs of a few ignorant audio enthusiasts?

Advocating ground boxes does not show that you (or your friend) has a good system or good ears; it merely shows a lack of understanding of basic EM.

I have not auditioned the likes of Entreq earthing boxes and associated cables/accessories...

I have no need to duplicate the likes of Entreq boxes, I have a much better solution already.

You know that you have a solution better than that of Entreq.
You have not auditioned an Entreq box.
So I conclude that you must have measured an Entreq box and your own solution in order to declare one better than the other.
What measurments did you take and what was the outcome?

Last edited:

Attachments

• Ground Box.jpg
    Ground Box.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 475
To accept ground boxes as valid would require so much open-mindedness that all previous thoughts would fall out.

+1000 !!

My lab and listening room is in an underground basement. I'm surrounded by miles of earth on 5 sides with a wood lid on top.....talk about a grounding box, I live in one. I guess one could say that I'm properly "earthed."

Here is a picture of a spectrum analyzer scan from zero to 2.9 GHz. You see nothing, no cell phone, radio, or TV signals, only an occasional 2.4 GHz burst from the WiFi router. Upstairs on earth there aren't many signals either. We live out in the country where there is no TV or cell phone service and the radio will pick up some weak stations. How is more dirt going to help me?

Attachments

• DSC00156_x.jpg
    DSC00156_x.jpg
    876 KB · Views: 463
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
George, hows the 60Hz and harmonics down there?

Wondering because my lava cave was very RF and acoustically quiet, not even wifi. But there was a heap of 60-180Hz in the dirt. Very nasty. I suspect the buried power cables that served the house.

You know that you have a solution better than that of Entreq.
You have not auditioned an Entreq box.
So I conclude that you must have measured an Entreq box and your own solution in order to declare one better than the other.
What measurements did you take and what was the outcome?
I have experience with the likes of BQP and other techniques, in addition to my own experimentation and findings.
I have loopback recordings demonstrating effects of materials in the signal path including audible effect of ferrite clamp-on filters.
From knowledge of the materials in the Entreq I believe I have a good idea of what they sound like, my approach is quite different and I believe better for some solid reasons that I won't go into here.

Dan.

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
I have experience with the likes of BQP and other techniques, in addition to my own experimentation and findings.
I have loopback recordings demonstrating effects of materials in the signal path including audible effect of ferrite clamp-on filters.
From knowledge of the materials in the Entreq I believe I have a good idea of what they sound like, my approach is quite different and I believe better for some solid reasons that I won't go into here.

Dan.

It takes "guts" to forward these kind of statements after what you have shown on this forum earlier. I would be ashamed really. They mean really nothing as I see it.

//

+1000 !!

My lab and listening room is in an underground basement. I'm surrounded by miles of earth on 5 sides with a wood lid on top.....talk about a grounding box, I live in one. I guess one could say that I'm properly "earthed."

Here is a picture of a spectrum analyzer scan from zero to 2.9 GHz. You see nothing, no cell phone, radio, or TV signals, only an occasional 2.4 GHz burst from the WiFi router. Upstairs on earth there aren't many signals either. We live out in the country where there is no TV or cell phone service and the radio will pick up some weak stations. How is more dirt going to help me?

What are you measuring across? Ground to ground?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.