Goldmund Mimesis 3 Clone, World's Best Amplifier!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do I go about getting some of the PCBs. Thanks,

Hallo Nagys,

You have another board from another company but is the layout the same board that Bigpanda use/have now?

I hope you will help us also with the board what Bigpanda used.
I can’t make this Amplifier alone, I need some help I am not a electro engineer.

Regards,
Rudy

@JohnGeneva. You would be ill advised to participate in this project while participants in NagysAudio's previous project have been left hung out to dry as has BMW850.

See here:http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/174468-very-best-amplifier-i-have-ever-heard.html

and here:http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/group-buys/175296-pcb-order-goldmun-clone.html

w

Bigpanda's board has different layout, different amplifier's schematic, etc. I am not in any part associated with that project anymore, nor will I help with any problems. This is the only thread I am a part of and this is the only amp I will prototype and afterwards make available to DIYAudio members.

All of what Wakibaki said is purely a lie.

Bigpanda's board has different layout, different amplifier's schematic, etc. I am not in any part associated with that project anymore, nor will I help with any problems. This is the only thread I am a part of and this is the only amp I will prototype and afterwards make available to DIYAudio members.

Because you told us the mimesis 9.2 clone was a working Amplifier :confused:

Rudy

tinitus - Ok fair enough. This amplifier has been in production for many years from the late 80s to late 90s. Thousands of units have been sold. You ready guys for the secret...? It's from a Swiss company Goldmund!!!! Now this should be exciting enough for even the most prestigious of audiophiles. This is the schematic for a Goldmund Mimesis 9.2 mono block, it's also identical (the only difference is 2 pairs of MOSFETS versus 3 pairs) to Goldmund Mimesis 3, Goldmund Mimesis 6, Goldmund Mimesis 9, Goldmund Mimesis 8.5, etc. I have personally owned different versions of this amp and have made 2 of my own. I have since sold these. The circuitboard I etched myself was not as nice as Alex's, but never the less, the amp sounded phenomenal. This is the very best sounding amplifier ever made, IMO.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/174468-very-best-amplifier-i-have-ever-heard-3.html

"I am not in any part associated with that project anymore, nor will I help with any problems." Why not it's also identical?

Last edited:
Should of stuck with the original , had a few dozen DIYer's prototype and refine it...(accepted that goldmund's engineering choices were less than optimal) THEN spent money on the board house. I never had bad intent toward Nagsy , just wanted to help him avoid issues such as this.

It's from a Swiss company Goldmund!!!! Now this should be exciting enough for even the most prestigious of audiophiles.

I appreciate the look into the mighty goldmund , It totally ruined my faith in the high end consumer audio business , being the second multi thousand dollar unit I've seen up close.
I thought I would be impressed with the $7,000 genesis stealth .... another fancy case with shoddy , cheap internals .. the goldmunds are better than genesis in the clean layout. The basic engineering of the genesis was VERY good (snubbers , overbuilt in general) I admire luxman , pioneer for true engineering prowess. Electrocompianet for both sound and construction. Goldmund and Genesis are EASILY matched by even lowly DIY'ers on a budget. Fancy cases , little thought goes toward the content.
OS

Last edited:
Gentlemen... Can you please stop for one second and ask yourselves this... Does Nagys Audio care what you think? The answer is an overwhelming "NO!"

The other thread was not under my 100% control and many of you tried to derail it. And succeeded I might add! So go do with it as you wish. But complaining now makes you sound like a bunch of cry babies.

This here, in this thread, is my project and I will follow through with it as promised. I have 100% control now. If you don't like it, don't build it.

This will be a faithful clone of the Goldmund Mimesis 3 amplifier. The very best amp that I've ever heard.

Those who take this project on, will be rewarded by a fantastic sounding amplifier. But please don't bother me with any other Goldmund clones, threads, projects, group buys, schematics, alternate versions, etc.

Last edited:
Gentlemen... Can you please stop for one second and ask yourselves this... Does Nagys Audio care what you think? The answer is an overwhelming "NO!"

The other thread was not under my 100% control and many of you tried to derail it. And succeeded I might add! So go do with it as you wish. But complaining now makes you sound like a bunch of cry babies. :confused:
You had a lot of readers in the other tread they never complaining, but they are now confused.
This here, in this thread, is my project and I will follow through with it as promised. I have 100% control now :confused:. If you don't like it, don't build it.

This will be a faithful clone of the Goldmund Mimesis 3 amplifier. The very best amp that I've ever heard. :Pinoc:

Those who take this project on, will be rewarded by a fantastic sounding amplifier. But please don't bother me with any other Goldmund clones, threads, projects, group buys, schematics, alternate versions, etc. Don't bother ...... , that was also your tread :redhot: .

Thank you for listening I don't bother and complaining you anymore you are the. :captain:

The other thread was not under my 100% control and many of you tried to derail it. And succeeded I might add! So go do with it as you wish. But complaining now makes you sound like a bunch of cry babies.

This here, in this thread, is my project and I will follow through with it as promised. I have 100% control now. If you don't like it, don't build it.

This will be a faithful clone of the Goldmund Mimesis 3 amplifier. The very best amp that I've ever heard.

Those who take this project on, will be rewarded by a fantastic sounding amplifier. But please don't bother me with any other Goldmund clones, threads, projects, group buys, schematics, alternate versions, etc.

Naggys, you claim to have 3 degrees including engineering yet you dont seem to understand why source resistors are required on unmatched output fets or what snubber caps are. Can you please explain this, or is it as I suspect and you are not an engineer?

Status
Not open for further replies.