GC SuperSymmetry

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
not completely true, the dgn package does allow slightly higher real world current output, but requires a pcb cheat to allow soldering by hand in the form of a via under the pad that you fill with solder from underneath to connect to copper pour. the regular soic8 package gets pretty toasty, but still works very well

Last edited:
not completely true, the dgn package does allow slightly higher real world current output, but requires a pcb cheat to allow soldering by hand in the form of a via under the pad that you fill with solder from underneath to connect to copper pour. the regular soic8 package gets pretty toasty, but still works very well

Not exactly a high-current application for the chip, however.

THis is very similar to the F5, correct. The oonly difference i see is tha you have dropped the protection circuit and the feedback circuit on the front end is different. I understand why you have droppped the protection circuit, since you know enough to not have to worry with them. I don't know that I see an advantage to the different feeback setup on the front end, but I may be missing something. Also, you have dropped the thermistors, which Pass says help with drift. Other than the different fets, am I missing something.

According to it's datasheet specification OPA1632 swings to within (V-)+1.9V and (V+)-1.9V, respectively, when loaded by 2kOhm. Into 600Ohm this drops to 4.5V within the supply voltage levels.

For a +/-15V supply this would yeld +/-13.1V into 2kOhm and +/-10.5V into 600Ohm. That's 21Vpp into 600Ohm already. ;)

I've attached the diagram showing output voltage vs. load resistance from the datasheet in order to better explain what I mean.

Cheers,
Sebastian.

Attachments

• opa1632 voltage swing.png
    opa1632 voltage swing.png
    54.9 KB · Views: 882
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.