• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB Pass M2 Clone Boards with 120mm UMS spacing by Tea-Bag

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Important detail.

Tommorow I will order the boards and the transformers. The turn around time on boards is 2-3 weeks till I see them, then I take up to a few days to ship them out ( assuming a weekend).

The factor that is unknown to me, and doesn't affect you , is how long the edcor transformers will take to show up. They say up to six weeks, so I hope it takes less, but assuming it takes six weeks since I will be ordering close to 100 units.

I have been building a few tube amps lately buying the trans from Edcor. The time has been 2 to 4 weeks before shipping but of course it could take longer as they say. I have heard of even 8 weeks but 3 weeks has been the norm for me.

Joined 2003
Paid Member
I have been building a few tube amps lately buying the trans from Edcor. The time has been 2 to 4 weeks before shipping but of course it could take longer as they say. I have heard of even 8 weeks but 3 weeks has been the norm for me.

For a while there, I think they were ahead on the transformer for the M-2. I got mine real fast, about a week if I remember correctly. Dont know if they are still in stock like they were but I got the feeling they were getting lots of inquiries on it and got ahead of the curve. Tea, You may want to give them a call and let them know what's getting ready to go down!

I've got everything coming from this group buy as well, next M-2 I think I might try the Toshiba mosfets, I have a couple sets around here somewhere from F-5 days.

Russellc

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Hi Russellc,
Any noise or low level hum from your build? How do you wire your ground?

Thssaanks
Not any noise at all, even with horns. CL-60 to ground on chassis, ground on IEC plug/fuse/switch to same spot. Rca and speaker posts float of course. Most of these firstwatt amps are very similar. Member 6L6 has build guides for F-5, F-6 AlephJ and BA-3 amp. Do it just like he does. Every piece of Pass stuff I have including the preamps and Pearl 2 Phono pre are DEAD quiet. Nothing. NADA.

Russellc

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Hi Russellc,
Any noise or low level hum from your build? How do you wire your ground?

Thanks

When I did not use shielded input wire I had hum, if the signal wire actually got to close to the edcor transformer (not so much the AC power transformer).

You will note that Nelson used a top shield on his. I did not find it necessary, or notice a difference when they were on. I have left standoff screws in place however to put on on top, or levitate a alien input transformer with a different pinout instead.

Joined 2003
Paid Member
When I did not use shielded input wire I had hum, if the signal wire actually got to close to the edcor transformer (not so much the AC power transformer).

You will note that Nelson used a top shield on his. I did not find it necessary, or notice a difference when they were on. I have left standoff screws in place however to put on on top, or levitate a alien input transformer with a different pinout instead.

I used 2 short sections of Silver Sonic BL-2 interconnect cable. It is shielded and no hum. Transformers are un shielded nude in all their glory.

Russellc

Off Topic and apologies.

I have a need for mono-bloc construction (probably with external PS.)

There was a rumour that the Shop may be stocking pre-drilled heatsinks, so in an attempt to hurry this along, I started a thread to gauge interest.

If you feel that you would rather build your own case/s but have the option to be able to buy suitable pre-drilled & tapped heatsinks please have a look at:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pass-labs/287644-heat-sinks.html#post4634778

and add comment as appropriate.

Thanks.

JFET IDSS would be good ~8ma for each option.
HI Tea-Bag thanks ,will be better as in ZM post that means R4 to 5R or better put a trim pot P3 like ?
535991d1457340021t-official-m2-schematic-p3.jpg

Attachments

• 2016-03-07_003139.jpg
    2016-03-07_003139.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 423
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.