• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB Pass M2 Clone Boards with 120mm UMS spacing by Tea-Bag

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Tea-bag: I can't access your site from work but I just realized you were closing your GB this week. I need boards for a stereo M2 please. I will try again tonight when I get home - just don't want to miss the boards.

Thanks,
Jimmy D.

No worries GB closes Sunday Night!
I sent you a PM with the details. Maybe you can read that. :)

Last edited:
I sent you PM asking for the following items:
1 set of boards
1 set of Edcor trannies
1 set of mosfets

I will gladly send you payment. Please send invoice of tell me how to pay.

Thanks for making this available to the community. I always appreciate diyers that take the time to do this kind of work for the rest of us.

And thanks to Mr. Pass for making his designs available.

Jimmy D.

Joined 2003
Paid Member
TeaBag Pass M-2 clone up and running

Tea, its up and running. Offset is 0.0 in one channel, ran out of pot at 3.5 mv.

Source resistor at .67 or so.

Amp started out murky and laid back, quickly snapping out of that, stage coming forward, expanding with bass picking up. Needs more run in time.

Starting to produce killer sound...

Thanks for your efforts, everyone: you are going to love this amp!

Russellc

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Tea, its up and running. Offset is 0.0 in one channel, ran out of pot at 3.5 mv.

Amp started out murky and laid back, quickly snapping out of that, stage coming forward, expanding with bass picking up. Needs more run in time.

Russellc

Funny, the first 15 minutes I thought it sounded dreadful and clouded. Then it comes alive. I noticed this only on the first cold start.

Sounds like you could mess with R7 or something if you wanted to shoot for near nothing offset. Keep in mind to all that when first turned on, there may be 300-400mv offset, but then as current actually conducts across the fets (2-3 minutes) and the thing might generate sound it narrows down the offset once it hits current of 660-680mv you see.
So mine is set at the been running 1hr time frame and then checked and tweaked again later, so I judge and set offset once the innards are warmed up.

Russellc

Congratulation!
Cant Wait to hear it whit my own ears!!!:D

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Maybe I missed this information but I would like to know how long it will take till you
send the PCBs to us?

Thanks!

Important detail.

Tommorow I will order the boards and the transformers. The turn around time on boards is 2-3 weeks till I see them, then I take up to a few days to ship them out ( assuming a weekend).

The factor that is unknown to me, and doesn't affect you , is how long the edcor transformers will take to show up. They say up to six weeks, so I hope it takes less, but assuming it takes six weeks since I will be ordering close to 100 units.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.