• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for Salas Folded Simplistic Phono PCB

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Hi Tea-bag,
Now that the order is closed, how long does it typically take for all the parts to come in, get packaged up and sent out to us? Just curious.

Thanks!

Hey. Excellent question.
A lot of the RIAA stuff I have already packaged up and ready to go. So in this case, it's a matter of when the boards get here, then time to ship them out.
board house minimum to my door is 2 weeks, maximum has been 6 I think, if errors are made, holidays overseas etc.
So plan on 4.
With around 130-150 orders pending, I am good for shipping no more than 20 packages a day. So it will take likely a 7-10 days for all packages to ship out.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Tea Bag,

I ordered it with the parts kit and Transistors. Is there a list of all the items in the parts kit, so I can figure out what else from the BOM I will need to procure to put this together?

Hi, all the BOMs for most boards are on a legacy blog (that I can no longer edit) here.
For Folded Minikit, these are all still accurate.

MINIKIT/Full Kits LINK OLD- Click to see all parts that are offered to help build board
Salas Board Minikits and Full Kits - diyAudio

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Teabag,
I received my kit and board yesterday. Many thanks to you and Salas for running this GB! Once I am done I think there are a few other people who might want one after they hear mine.

I'm really looking forward to this build. I'm sure it will make me a happy camper.

-Chris

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Tea-Bag,

The Minikit has 10-2SK117GR for Q2,Q3,Q5. Looking at the BOM we also need two for Q7. How close are the IDSS of all ten, since we need to use 8? There are no additional notes for Q7 in the guide, so I figure it is not as crucial as Q2,Q3 or Q5.

The IDSS of the parts is unknown.
Like the BIB SSLV1.1 before it, the IDSS needs to be measured. Close to matching values are good between each channel, but not absolutely needed.

Here is a method pic often referred to here.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pass-labs/207103-f5-turbo-builders-thread-104.html#post5446363

A question to Teabag/Salas.

I am populating the pcbs while waiting for the last of the parts to trickle in this week. My question is about R6x. The 2SK117GR each had an IDSS in the correct range: 3-4mA for Q2x, Q3x, Q5x; 4.3mA and 4.8mA for Q7. R6x as supplied in the kit is 27R but specified at 22R. I've installed R3x as 9.1kOhm but should I order a 22R resistor for R6x?

Anthony

Joined 2006
Paid Member
A question to Teabag/Salas.

I am populating the pcbs while waiting for the last of the parts to trickle in this week. My question is about R6x. The 2SK117GR each had an IDSS in the correct range: 3-4mA for Q2x, Q3x, Q5x; 4.3mA and 4.8mA for Q7. R6x as supplied in the kit is 27R but specified at 22R. I've installed R3x as 9.1kOhm but should I order a 22R resistor for R6x?

Anthony

I am not certain why, but I have been using 27R or 27.2R in the kits for a long time for that position and that IDSS.
I am hoping Salas can comment more on this. I have been using 27R and 33R in the kits for a long time. Not certain why I made that move unless there was a stock issue at the original GB for 22R and I went with these as a backup.

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Finally..... will have have time shortly to start the build ... thanks Tea-Bag for the group buy & kits... will be doing lots of reading in the related thread & going real slow to make sure things go right...along with a few questions here and there .... looking forward to seeing your build anatech....