• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for Salas Folded Simplistic Phono PCB

Excuse me for asking, not being an eperienced GB. Does it exist a plan on when the GB close and deliveries/shipment will take place? I would guess there is min. order quantity for boards etc. that needs to be fullfilled to keep cost down or is it a time limit for each GB that dictates closing & shipment?

Hi! Please add me to the next group buy for a full kit, as many parts and components as possible. I plan on building a pass b1 pre amp and want to include this as the phono stage. I currently have an ortophon red and plan to upgrade to blue at some point. Thanks for doing this!

Teabag,

I need the same. It's for a MM cartridge. I need the power supply board as well. Definitely need anything that is "matched" e.g. like transistors. If the other stuff is easy to source, I can do that. Anything that hard to source or would be costly for me to source I need that from you as well. Maybe I should just get everything you offer. How much is your full kit with all the pieces?

I also built the B1 Buffer myself. I bought the PCB and matched transistors from Pass labs since I don't know how to match the transistors myself. I managed to source all the rest of the parts and it was a successful good sounding build.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Teabag,

I need the same. It's for a MM cartridge. I need the power supply board as well. Definitely need anything that is "matched" e.g. like transistors. If the other stuff is easy to source, I can do that. Anything that hard to source or would be costly for me to source I need that from you as well. Maybe I should just get everything you offer. How much is your full kit with all the pieces?

I also built the B1 Buffer myself. I bought the PCB and matched transistors from Pass labs since I don't know how to match the transistors myself. I managed to source all the rest of the parts and it was a successful good sounding build.

I have signed you up for some parts. What is offered is under the first post.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/grou...-folded-simplistic-phono-pcb.html#post3615620

The kit is certainly not full. There is a large discrepancy from build guide to what is in the kit. This is because of numerous gain options and expenses related to signal resistors, interstage and output capacitors where people have their favorite and expense can be quite high. Probably these capacitors will be a big line item in the build and do influence the sound (Same in B1 buffer). With the exception of the capacitors, I provide the harder to find and measured transistors (except 2SK117GR are unmatched) and the rest in the USA can be found at Digikey or Mouser. Non USA buyers have other choices but Element14 has a a number of locations worldwide.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Excuse me for asking, not being an eperienced GB. Does it exist a plan on when the GB close and deliveries/shipment will take place? I would guess there is min. order quantity for boards etc. that needs to be fullfilled to keep cost down or is it a time limit for each GB that dictates closing & shipment?

I think we are getting close to wrapping up. Demand of this board is higher than usual.
However Salas and I are trying to wrap up offering another (unrelated) project before closing out GB for several of his board designs.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Teabag,
I will need the same thing as rayma for a MM set also. pcb, minikit and raw PSU. This includes the matched transistors - right? If not, I'll need those. Time is my enemy.

I've been promising myself to make this project and I had better hop onboard. Better late than never!

-Chris

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Hi Teabag,
I will need the same thing as rayma for a MM set also. pcb, minikit and raw PSU. This includes the matched transistors - right? If not, I'll need those. Time is my enemy.

I've been promising myself to make this project and I had better hop onboard. Better late than never!

-Chris
You are signed up. The matched transistors are offered seperately. I have put you in For MM configuration. Please see first post for a better description of parts offered.

Hello Tea, did you sign me up?
Yes.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Tea-bag,
Then I would want the matched pairs as well please. Whatever is required to make a working preamp that you are offering. I will get a power transformer and any additional parts you don't offer. Time is my problem and although I could match my own, I simply don't have time to do that.

Thank you for offering a comprehensive kit with parts. Yes, mine will be for MM cartridges.

Question. To adapt this to a MC cartridge, wouldn't you be further ahead to add a "flat amp" before the MM stage and run it that way? I only ask because my favorite phono amplifiers are set up that way.

Best, Chris

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Hi Tea-bag,

Question. To adapt this to a MC cartridge, wouldn't you be further ahead to add a "flat amp" before the MM stage and run it that way? I only ask because my favorite phono amplifiers are set up that way.

Best, Chris

Chris, I don't understand this. Maybe Salas can answer this. :Popworm:

I know a few people have used step up's that had, and built as an MM setup, but I am not aware of anyone making it 'switchable' or whatever you may be referring to.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
You can either reconfigure it for MC 62dB with both K369s populated and very few resistors value changes (described in the PDF instructions) or include a step up Tx / flat response MC active pre-pre before it. I recommend the standalone MC configuration for less circuitry and loop area unless there is a need to have switchable MM/MC inputs.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Okay,
GB is officially started and I have sent out Private Messages to those who have already signed up. Please read the entire message. If you have not received one, please private message me and I will send it to you. The GB will close at midnight on 5/27/18. Please make payments before the end of that day. Any paypal invoice I send should be able to be paid by Credit card or Debit card without a paypal account needed.

Hi Tea-Bag,

Please add me to the GB. I need below items. Sent a PM already and updated the sheet.

SSHV2 Kit, all stuff for board (no board) 44.00
Folded Raw PSU Board $15
2SK369 Quad $25
2SK170BL Kits $31 ( triple pair for Q4-Q6)
2SA970BL matched at over 350hfe $10

If available, Wakefield Heatsinks for folded - $12 too.

Cheers,

Sam

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Tomorrow evening at 11:59PM EST 5-27-18 The Group Buy closes.

All unpaid invoices after that time are subject to being cancelled.
If I have not heard from you via Private Message, then you will be deleted off the list at that time as well, and not put on a future waiting list. This helps keep board demand and ordering realistic for supply and demand.

If you want to be part of the Group Buy, You must be signed into spreadsheet, have received or sent me a private message (with your email so I can send an invoice to you, with your physical shipping address as well). You also must complete the paypal transaction by this time as well.