• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for RTX6001 Audio Analyzer with AK5394A and AK4490

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try 20dBV/10dBV @-15dBFS output, the THD can go further down (0.00003% in my case, -130dB)

Unfortunately I'm still struggling to get better than-120dB THD on my unit but looking at the spectrum (1KHz fundamental, balanced in and out) I'm not entirely surprised as I seem to be up against a first harmonic that is at best down by about -122dB (for 0dB out to 0dB in with -10dB attenuation) plus other lesser higher harmonics. Running out of ways to hit or better the '-124 dB typical for 1v balanced' specification. Recognise that 'typical' can mean 'less than' but given others seem to get to the spec figure with ease I will keep experimenting.

>for 0dB out to 0dB in with -10dB attenuation
For 0dBV out and 0dBV in setting, try -15dBFS, -10dBFS is unlikely to give optimal THD.

Thanks for the suggestion but if anything it makes it slightly worse. First harmonic still dominant. I'm not searching for what may be an obscure combination of settings for an 'optimal THD' just seeing if I can get to consistently lower than -120dB (ideally the -124dB typical or better) which is stated as a 1v loop back test. May try a different SW package (using Audiotester currently) to see what I get but that seems like clutching at straws.

Massively impressed with the service from RTX....

Due to being crazy-busy through December I finally was able to get my RTX6001 shipped back DHL for the mod this Tuesday the 2nd (1/2/18).

Would you believe it has already been received by RTX, modified, reshipped, and will arrive Monday the 8th? Wow. Service like that deserves a special mention. A huge thanks to Jens and the team for designing the RTX6001 and performing the follow-up service this efficiently! A+++

Status
Not open for further replies.