• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for RTX6001 Audio Analyzer with AK5394A and AK4490

Status
Not open for further replies.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Kevin,
At least the banks are consistent. I will also pay $60 for that service. BUT, mine is $60 Canadian, so a lot less than what you are paying! :)

Don't worry, that $1,000 analyser is going to cost me considerably more than you due to the exchange rate. I imagine that DHL will gut us both for the same amount too.

I count the little "victories" as I am used to it being a one-way street. We're so used to this here in Canada that we bend over automatically without being told to. :(

-Chris

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Yikes! $60 to wire $1000USD to Europe?

Chris, I tried finding out the fees for DHL in Canada and found them quite cryptic.
(Best one though is the fee for allowing you to pay online or when the delivery guy
shows up.)
One suggestion may be to call DHL once you have a tracking number to see if
you can pay anything up front to avoid them usury they charge for fronting the
tax to the government.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Dennis,
That's a good idea. Once I know when it's coming I can give them a ring. That's the other charge I almost forgot about. The "advancing money to pay for taxes fee". It's clear that someone sat down and thought hard about different ways to charge an end user for their services.

When will it end?

DHL has come up with an even better excuse to pi$$ people off now. They've been holding a package that I paid extra to have expedited here for Monday morning. The useless delivery guy who has been delivering here for many years has suddenly developed a phobia for the old decrepit dog that lays in our reception area so he wants me to give him authorization to drop my parcel outside the door. The postal workers don't even complain about the dog!

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Jeff,
And my postal delivery woman refuses to deliver packages because she is afraid of my dog. No one else is.

Why do these people get into the business of delivering packages when they are afraid of dogs? It just doesn't make any sense at all.

-Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.