• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for RTX6001 Audio Analyzer with AK5394A and AK4490

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys -- if I'm currently using a dscope , what software would you suggest for me to use with the RTX? If it helps, do almost exclusively analogue design and no speaker stuff.
Freeware is probably not realistic but neither am I wanting to pay more for the software than the hardware will cost!

I thought I'd get started familiarising myself with that software while waiting for the RTX so that I know what to do after ripping it out from its box ;)

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Yes, it is currently going through CE / UL related testing. So far it looks good and hopefully we will get a thumbs up this week. For some reason, the testing took longer than expected though. Once the testing is done, I expect the final assembly to proceed. I am pushing to get it done as quickly as possible.
Invoices have not been sent yet.

Once again, thanks for your patience.

Guys -- if I'm currently using a dscope , what software would you suggest for me to use with the RTX? If it helps, do almost exclusively analogue design and no speaker stuff.
Freeware is probably not realistic but neither am I wanting to pay more for the software than the hardware will cost!

I thought I'd get started familiarising myself with that software while waiting for the RTX so that I know what to do after ripping it out from its box ;)

Use the dscope software, hard to beat!

Joined 2009
Paid Member
The safety test took longer than expected. But today we finally got the message that passed the tests, without any issues.

This means that the final assembly has started. I expect the first invoices to be sent out within a few days and shipments to follow shortly after. Exactly when we can have all units ready for shipment, I don't know at the moment. I will give an update, hopefully during this week, when we know more about the assembly process timing.

It also means that the first material has been uploaded to the RTX website.Go to: Products - RTX

So far the User Manual and the Quick Start Guide have been uploaded. Additional material will be uploaded shortly.

As of September 21, 2017, the new trade agreement between Canada and EU have gone into effect, removing duties on most products, including electrical equipment.

That should make things easier, but for private people there are probably still the sales tax....

The duties are the cheap part of importing into Canada. Import brokerage is a licence to steal here. I have been charged over $100 in the past for the extorting pricks to tell me I owed $2 in taxes on some free samples for electrical connectors. To top it off they hold your parts until you pay them the ransom on them.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Yes, exactly Jeff. It's the clearing charges that become silly. It really is highway robbery, and there should be a law against that kind of business. Too bad it didn't come in via mail (which is very good in Canada), as it would save us a fortune while even showing up earlier.

I once paid $140 in charges for $140 of salvage equipment. UPS was at the bottom of that rape and pillage.

-Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.