• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for RTX6001 Audio Analyzer with AK5394A and AK4490

Status
Not open for further replies.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Payment sent this morning, it was a slow, complicated process which was otherwise uneventful and pleasant.

The fees came to $65, $35 to the bank and $30 in "intermediate fees" which go to the people who own the wire transfer network.

It is quite a racket and almost twice the cost of PayPal even with the fees.

I am not sure what the differences in laws are between Canada and the U.S. wrt brokerage fees and the duties, because I don't remember it ever being significant in relation to the value of the items involved. (My Canadian friends relate universal horror stories about extortion..) I expect to pay about $50 if anything at all. Any applicable use tax is collected when we pay our state taxes (same rate as state sales tax if taxable item)

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
As an aside USPS policy about dogs is pretty hard line, they are not supposed to come on your property except to deliver to the approved delivery point (mail slot or front door), if you don't have a dog they will often bend the rules and deliver to a more secure spot than the front door/mailbox if they know you. (I take the trouble to talk to them, say hello, etc., and they know about the problems I have with disappearing items, so they help out.) If there is a loose dog in the yard they will not deliver at all in some cases, depends on the carrier and the dog.

Joined 2011
Paid Member
I sent out my wire transfer on Wednesday morning (22 Nov) at 1030 Pacific time, I hope you receive it in good order.

My bank had difficulty with the company name, apparently their wire xfer software would not accept the forward slash in "RTX A/S" (!!). However this is one of the largest US nationwide banks, so I expect the receiving bank in Denmark has gotten many many incoming wires from my bank, with this same typographic limitation.

Gratefully,
Mark Johnson

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Kevin,
That, I can understand. But my carrier won't even leave anything on the fron porch even if the dog is inside the house. If he's out, it's in the back yard where he is even less of a threat.

Get this, she is afraid the dog will come through the window of the front door (double paned glass). If he did, he would be in no condition to attack anyone. He would need immediate medical attention in fact. Other things she has done and said tells me she is a master at manipulating the union and will not do anything outside of her narrow definition of a safe working environment. She is one of those people.

-Chris

Yes
the invoice is very clear with SWIT /IBAN and I had wired from Bank Of America ( took 45$ transfer fee) without an issue to RTX. I am yet to hear from RTX end. The invoice states that they will ship the unit once money is transferred. But hope some acknowledgement comes from their side.
kannan

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
The bank software at Citizens would not accept RTX A/S either, but the bank officer changed it to a dash without the software prompting - she did say that she sets up a lot of wire transfers.

The invoice was very clear, the address was the biggest difficulty she had as it is formatted differently than we are used to here. (I grew up in the EU so am used to those sorts of things)

I emailed to confirm I sent the money after I got back from the bank.

My statement indicated that the funds would appear in their account no later than 04-Dec-17, but likely much sooner. She said probably tomorrow.

All you that you have received the email for payment, are enclosed information about the recipient's IBAN and Swift BIC account of the recipient's bank?

Yes
the invoice is very clear with SWIT /IBAN and I had wired from Bank Of America ( took 45$ transfer fee) without an issue to RTX. I am yet to hear from RTX end. The invoice states that they will ship the unit once money is transferred. But hope some acknowledgement comes from their side.
kannan

Thanks for info.
With that, it is very easy the transfer and my bank charge a little money for transfer.

I sent an enquiry back to RTX yesterday morning.
So far no reply, it's only 23hours.

You are referring to A/S in the bank/account details.
I don't see that.

This is what I have and I don't understand it:
The Bank name/identifier is over two lines?
The BIC/SWIFT is a group of 8 letters.
The IBAN/account is 4 alphanumeric followed by 14 numbers.

Are your invoices showing similar?

I sent an enquiry back to RTX yesterday morning.
So far no reply, it's only 23hours.

You are referring to A/S in the bank/account details.
I don't see that.

This is what I have and I don't understand it:
The Bank name/identifier is over two lines?
The BIC/SWIFT is a group of 8 letters.
The IBAN/account is 4 alphanumeric followed by 14 numbers.

Are your invoices showing similar?

Bank Name is the first line "Danske Bank"
use SWIFT and do not add IBAN part to account as SWIFT ID had been indicated. or IBAN and account number in the wire transfer form. With these Bank can identify the receiver. Also the Bank requires the name of the recipient "RTX A/S" for validating the account. It should work. Please add the Order number/customer number mentioned in the description for RTX to identify who is ending. I have already received acknowledgement from RTX that they received the payment after 48 hours.
kannan

Much better shielding

I did a little digging and found that Audio Precision uses, Tripp Lite USB 2.0 Hi-Speed A/B, USB cables for their test equipment.

Does the RTX come with a USB cable?

I swapped out a Tripp Lite USB cable for the one I was using for a QA401 analyzer, it made a wolld of diffrence. .

DT

Status
Not open for further replies.