• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for DC coupled B1 buffer with shunt PSUs

Joined 2006
Paid Member
I have got some initial qoutes back. PCBCore and Gold Pheonix are most competitve and offer lower low quantity cost.

Pheonix Gold of course offers two boards of the 100 (98 pending) to prototype with.
PCB Core does not, but allows for 10 to be ordered for such a purpose.

Standard values are 2layers,0.062",FR4,1oz,HAL,black solder (Gold Pheonix, Green for PCBcore)

I will present the 100 piece cost, assuming that's all that ordered, after proto is done for PCB Core.

hypnotize 100 pieces $391.00
Mesmerize 100 pieces 484.00

Pheonix Gold
hynotize 100 pieces 450 (includes to proto's to play with $50 retool).
memmerize 100 pieces 520 (same as above)

So as long as things work, these may be initial prices before shipping and packing materials are considered.
If I ship direct to the rest of the world, it gets expensive to ship.
USA is roughly 5.50 USD I think for Priority Mail.
Priority Internation is $11.00.
If more boards are ordered than this, than I would consider any lower cost of the next set be considered a donation to DIYaudio.

I still need a few people to commit to helping assemble the proto boards.

I have got some initial qoutes back. PCBCore and Gold Pheonix are most competitve and offer lower low quantity cost.

Pheonix Gold of course offers two boards of the 100 (98 pending) to prototype with.
PCB Core does not, but allows for 10 to be ordered for such a purpose.

Standard values are 2layers,0.062",FR4,1oz,HAL,black solder (Gold Pheonix, Green for PCBcore)

I will present the 100 piece cost, assuming that's all that ordered, after proto is done for PCB Core.

hypnotize 100 pieces $391.00
Mesmerize 100 pieces 484.00

Pheonix Gold
hynotize 100 pieces 450 (includes to proto's to play with $50 retool).
memmerize 100 pieces 520 (same as above)

So as long as things work, these may be initial prices before shipping and packing materials are considered.
If I ship direct to the rest of the world, it gets expensive to ship.
USA is roughly 5.50 USD I think for Priority Mail.
Priority Internation is $11.00.
If more boards are ordered than this, than I would consider any lower cost of the next set be considered a donation to DIYaudio.

I still need a few people to commit to helping assemble the proto boards.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
it won't take me long to build one of the deluxe prototypes. i have many of the necessary components and should be able to get the rest in time.

Excellent. We should be all set then with proto's I beleive.

The last problem to overcome is making sure the pinouts of the relays fit on the pcb. I could not get a printout of this exactly, and have no parts on hand to look at. I need to get a gerber viewer that actually views drillpoint files, print it to scale and measure the pin distances on the printouts.

I am assuming the we dont need 2oz copper boards for the pre, or any other fancy requests. I will try to choose the most offensive color. If so, I will try to get an order in by the end of the week.

Tea-Bag

FWIW, I think you would be better off just shipping the lot from the USA. I know it might be a few extra $$.... but so what if its say, 5$ extra. Get paid up front so you don't lose out. Add in a % to cover unforseen costs.

It just seems the logistics of sending a bunch to somebody else who then has to do the labels etc etc etc all seems like it would be harder to get going. Coupled with that is the fact that the postage might be a bit cheaper from within Europe, but probably not that much cheaper.

Of course, if there are other considerations like customs on exit from the USA then thats different.

If you can confirm the relays, I will order the stuff for a deluxe from mouser tonight. If you need an extra deluxe builder, let me know.

Fran

FWIW, I think you would be better off just shipping the lot from the USA. I know it might be a few extra $$.... but so what if its say, 5$ extra. Get paid up front so you don't lose out. Add in a % to cover unforseen costs.

It just seems the logistics of sending a bunch to somebody else who then has to do the labels etc etc etc all seems like it would be harder to get going. Coupled with that is the fact that the postage might be a bit cheaper from within Europe, but probably not that much cheaper.

Of course, if there are other considerations like customs on exit from the USA then thats different.

If you can confirm the relays, I will order the stuff for a deluxe from mouser tonight. If you need an extra deluxe builder, let me know.

Fran
Fran,

Cost of postage is one consideration - the other (and the main one) is that the volume of interest in these boards is very high and having one person doing all that work is asking a lot. That is why I have said I will, if wanted, deal with the European part of the GB. I think someone has said they will help Tea-Bag in the States.

Also once the boards are within the EU there are no customs forms to fill out.

Alan

Yeah, I know, I'm hearin' ya. I'm willing to help out too.....

Just what may be a complication for those ordering from mouser right now..... The to247 IRFP240/9240 are out of stock right now. Also the BC546 too.

Is there a suitable alternative for the BC546 that we could use?

Also, the caps on the board..... again, mouser don't do the panasonic FC... does anyone have a recommendation for any cap in particular other than the FC?

Fran

BOM adjusted
a) 1/4W for all resistors, except 68R, 300R, 600R and RLEd 2K2 in 1/2W as Salas said.

b) For those using 5V relays, I've added a L7806 fixed regulator.
L7805 specs are too close to 5v, the relay may not be activated.
Let me know if I'm wrong and if there's something to adjust in this case.

c) For remplacement parts, let me know too, I'll add them.

Attachments

• B1 Symetric R2.pdf
    31.9 KB · Views: 209
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
BOM adjusted
b) For those using 5V relays, I've added a L7806 fixed regulator.
L7805 specs are too close to 5v, the relay may not be activated.
Let me know if I'm wrong and if there's something to adjust in this case.

No! Big mistake! :headshot: 7812 only, else the delay circuit will not work. The 600R or 300R resistors do the drop for 5V relays. With a jumper instead of those resistors you may use 12V relays. You can also show IRFP9140 - IRFP140 as alternative Mosfets. The audio part resistors (220k,220R,1M) can be carbon like Takman, Riken, AB, Kiwame, you name it. They are not supposed to be metal film good quality like Dale only. Or even tantalum. Also mention that the volume pot should be 22k Log stereo.

Fran,

Cost of postage is one consideration - the other (and the main one) is that the volume of interest in these boards is very high and having one person doing all that work is asking a lot. That is why I have said I will, if wanted, deal with the European part of the GB. I think someone has said they will help Tea-Bag in the States.

Also once the boards are within the EU there are no customs forms to fill out.

Alan

I live in Mass not to far from Tea-Bag and am willing to do whatever is needed. Just let me know!

Hi,
the UK has an £18 limit for tax exemption on imported parcels.
If the goods are declared as "gift" the exemption goes up to £35.

For anyone sending goods into the UK from outside the EC then declare "gift" and state value of goods without local taxes and without carriage, packing, posting costs. It is the cost of the goods only.

OK,

BC550 is no problem.

Yes, they do have IRFP9140/140 in stock - pin spacing is for TO-247, right?.

Yes, the have the nichicon caps - in a range of types, ufw, upw and so on. What are the characteristics that are needed.... is it low impedance or low esr etc etc?

Lastly, if we are the use the 6V relays i take it we need a resistor somewhere close to 600R to get the right voltage?

Fran

No! Big mistake! :headshot: 7812 only, else the delay circuit will not work. The 600R or 300R resistors do the drop for 5V relays. With a jumper instead of those resistors you may use 12V relays. You can also show IRFP9140 - IRFP140 as alternative Mosfets. The audio part resistors (220k,220R,1M) can be carbon like Takman, Riken, AB, Kiwame, you name it. They are not supposed to be metal film good quality like Dale only. Or even tantalum. Also mention that the volume pot should be 22k Log stereo.

How about if I want to use Lightspeed volume as a pot? Shall we need to change some resistor values on the preamp part?

I decided to get two Hypnotize board, can somebody tell me how can I make the payment(PAYPAL?), since I am new here:spin: