• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for DC coupled B1 buffer with shunt PSUs

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Eye Candy

Here is an adjusted layout from PCBCore as sent from Tea-Bag.

Attachments

• HYPNOTIZE_IMAGE[1].jpg
    HYPNOTIZE_IMAGE[1].jpg
    262.4 KB · Views: 1,460
  • MEZMERIZE_IMAGE[1].jpg
    MEZMERIZE_IMAGE[1].jpg
    258.7 KB · Views: 1,411
Count me in on the GB (apparently the WIKI stuff is still not working on the new server) - I registered on the old WIKI for 2 of each.

By the way, IMHO Peter and Uriah did a terrific job on the RevC GB, any advice you get from either of them should be considered GOLDEN.

The new layouts look great.

Small point but I couldn't see a label on the V+, V- and GND inputs. I know you'd figure it very easy from the polarity of the first caps, but if its no hassle, I suggest adding it in. Might save someone a lot of trouble someday!!

Likewise, I am happy to help, but postage from here is no longer cheap. It was upto about a year ago, but no longer. However, if theres anything I can help with, let me know.

Fran

EDIT: only saying this really for the hypnotise as a load of people (or at least so it seemed to me) were going to buy the board for the shunt reg only? Anyway, its only a tiny point

Last edited:
I am here and ready to go with a prototype if you need me. I have 15 tq2 5v relays and one set of matched 2sk107bl and plenty to match more from as well as a few hundred LEDs to match up for that part, I would need to order the rest from mouser but have a BOM waiting so let me know.
Also here for whatever logistical support.
I know that I priced bubbleopes and postage for here in the US and it came out to between $2.50-3.00 per shipment for up to about 4 boards.

Last edited:
Its the same as before plus 1 relay for Hypnotize, plus 2 for Mezmerize if you utilize the full 6 inputs.There were some BOMs compiled I guess. Only you add the two parallel 0.5W resistors (600R in Hypnotize, 300R in Mezmerize) if using NAIS TQ2 5V or just a jumper if with NAIS TQ2-12V. A 2X15V 50VA TX will power the thingies OK. If anybody wants to compile fresh BOMs, look at what the PCBs carry, I attached on #512 http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1908404&postcount=512

The circuits below are the Eagle guides, don't use them directly for BOM, they have some helper equivalent stuff, but good to see the full picture.

Hi Salas, I'm working on both Bom's Mezmerize & Hypnotize. ;)
I'm looking for C7 and IC1 values, haven't found in the schematics.

As promised, Bom's for Hypnotize (Basic) and Mezmerize (Deluxe).

Values are the same for both versions, except one resistor and relays qty :
a) 600R for Hypnotize and 300R for Mezmerize.
b) 1 relay for Hypnotize and 7 for Mezmerize.

As I ignore the real PCB footprint, be carefull with caps lead spacings I specify :
100uF (5mm) - 4700uF(7.5mm) - 100nF (5mm).
For the resistors I've choose 1/2W for all values, without brand information.
I'll just mention that 220R should idealy be "top quality" resistors (cf Salas).

Omron relays specs can be found here :
http://www.components.omron.com/components/web/PDFLIB.nsf/0/DB3627D7D8BCAFF485257201007DD587/$file/G6H_0609.pdf

IC1 is L7812 fixed tension regulator.
C7 is 100nF Metal Film Cap.
Please refer to the PCBs shown here for more informations :
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1909777&postcount=541

Let me know what should be modified or has been ommited.

Attachments

• B1 Symetric Last.pdf
    31.5 KB · Views: 465
Last edited:
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member

Attachments

• G6H.gif
    G6H.gif
    53.3 KB · Views: 568
  • TQ2.gif
    TQ2.gif
    25.5 KB · Views: 532
Joined 2006
Paid Member
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Not really, the pads are made wide enough to accept, and that is wise, because a smaller one will go in but not a bulkier one if otherwise. Imagine that some people are gonna use carbon ones for signal passing stoppers like AB, Kiwame, or Dale 1/2W, Shinkoh, etc. Its good to have space. Mind you that the resistors are audible in my B1's audio part. The ones that MUST be 1/2W are the 68R and 600R or 300R. Also the 2K2 for the ''power ON'' LED (this one you can determine by the illumination you want with a given LED in practice).