• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for DC coupled B1 buffer with shunt PSUs

How bad could things be: the PCB's might turn out more expensive than xaudiox first thought? OK, people get to review their orders and life goes on. There might be a few problems still in the design, however unlikely that may seem at this point? Well, if everything else has been moved forward quite nicely over the past couple of weeks, why wouldn't those last problems get resolved as well?

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
Xaudix is online now, or have been here today :confused:

I have not said this, though I have wanted to
But at the moment I believe we can safely conclude that this GB is stuck

Its obvious that xaudiox has got what he wanted
A full blown module with alps pot and all
And very fast made a working one
Quite skilled guy
I suppose he will just order the ones he need for himself

I can understand he didnt like all those orders
But at least he could make it possible for others to finish it

On the bright side
No one has lost any money

On the other side
I dare not think at how NelsonPass feels about this
Personally, I would say it got out of hand using B1 for a complete commercial like all out design
Im not sure this should have happened at all, going so far with the deluxe version
I dont think mr Pass likes this too much
But too late now it seem
Its out in free space now

I try not to speculate about Nelson Pass, he speaks up for himself quite clearly and the community generally listens.

I'm also trying not to speculate too much about xaudiox. He can always contact Salas via email. They worked through many details together and it would seem pretty natural to get in touch with him to discuss the situation.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Regarding Tinitus potentially realistic concerns.

1. We don't know if xaudiox's absence is fishy yet for sure. This is holidays period in many places of the world. He was very enthusiatic when we had emails for guiding him, maybe we are rightly anxious by his sudden radio silence, but I would wait a bit more until announcing ''Elvis has left the building''.

2. NP's B1 is NP's B1 and is an official pcb for DIYers and an official assembled product for non DIYers with very favorite reviews and a popular thread of its own. If someone rips off the DC B1 with shunt regs, rips off OUR communal project firstly and mostly. Idss CCS JFET buffer isn't something unknown as a building block. Erno Borbely and others have shown such circuits many times. We thank NP for reminding us that in many systems it is all that may be needed with excellent results. He was open hearted as always to not object a spin off project thread from the start. Commercial products don't clash with DIY versions. They address totally different people. To the contrary, we pay tribute to NP, we still call it a B1. Making it even more famous IMHO.

3. We know that the circuits work great after xaudiox's results. Someone with pcb skills can replicate what xaudiox has shown, if he does not show up again. If against our hopes he has been intimidated by the popularity of the GB, Ferds, I ask you to email me, send me the files, and I will give them to a reformed GB volunteer team.

4. If there is an identical product to our stuff offered in the near future somewhere and someone spots it, let us know. I will see with the moderation team what we can do about it as a DIY audio forum intellectual property or not. At least we are able to inform potential buyers that it is a rip off and worth only its materials. Most audio interested people follow our forum or know someone that does.

5. That is yet a new reason why I like point to point.:clown:

xaudiox / Ferd was back on diyaudio again today, but did not post anywhere including here.

He does seem to have a commercial interest in audio products. His website has pictures of stacks of "HEPA" Headphone amps and "USB NOS DAC's", possibly others. I wasn't going to spend that much time.

I still don't understand what he expected to gain when he abandoned this group buy project. There is zero overlap between selling small scale audio product lines in the Philippines and the people who signed up for this group buy. Beats me!

I believe that it is time to regroup.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I am not posting as a moderator but as a member. DIYA does not intervene with GB's, its a bulletin board section, my suggestion is you move on by the means of someone new designing the boards and a new group or person handling the GB. Xaudiox dragged the GB for no reason, could make his prototypes as CRT did, and I would give him info in the DC B1 thread, no problem. On a positive note, he proof tested what functions and grounding would work and how, anyway nobody would trust him to handle a GB from now on I believe. What he owes to the community is to contribute the files, since the community gave him all circuits and functional ideas and debugging he needed. If he will not, just go on guys, nobody lost money, just a nice looking cheap pcb scenario is probably completely dead. I devised the circuit assortment and wanted people to benefit in best way when I saw you started the GB, but life's life. Go on with it.:)