• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for DC coupled B1 buffer with shunt PSUs

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
tinitus said:
Regarding aux power for relays, used for LDR att

Could it be regulated for 5V as well, to feed a Lightspeed LDR att?

Maybe just by using another small reg board

This way of "stealing" power from just one rail I suppose works due to the reg design

Does this mean that its possible to just connect an aux 5V reg board, to fed the LDR att

Unclear questions and Lightspeed is another thread. You can feed anything you want with the 5V reg within its limits. I would use a heatsink though. Even better is to use a dedicated 5V for the Lightspeed.

waw, 213 + 162 boards :bigeyes:

maybe xaudiox on holiday right now (like me) :D

@salas
i did not put the relays on output because i already have delay time protector on my amplifier
so the amp will 'on' lately and then 'off' first time before the B-1 buffer.

sorry for my poor english
La Ode

It was my understanding that the GB was being run by Ryssen and Ferds had only agreed to get the designs into a format acceptable to a board house because all we had was a pdf.
Regardless, I would be happy to do whatever I can here in the US to assist in distribution, or whathave you.

AndrewT said:
please don't use a decimal point (nor full stop) as a thousands separator.
Better to use nothing than confuse us.

1.999 < 2
1999 > 1990
1,999 > 1990, but this is not universal and may confuse some.

Sorry, but we are metric, not imperial, thus when I type on the numeric keybord this is what I get.
We also drive on the left side, use Km and not miles, grams and not pound, etc. etc.
Very little chance to be misunderstood: who's gonna use 3 decimals for currencies today?

billyk said:
It was my understanding that the GB was being run by Ryssen and Ferds had only agreed to get the designs into a format acceptable to a board house because all we had was a pdf.
Regardless, I would be happy to do whatever I can here in the US to assist in distribution, or whathave you.
Yes, but while Ryssen was still waiting for a replay from some pcb manufacturers, xaudiox already got a good offer from a chinese company.

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
AndrewT said:
please don't use a decimal point (nor full stop) as a thousands separator.
Better to use nothing than confuse us.

1.999 < 2
1999 > 1990
1,999 > 1990, but this is not universal and may confuse some.

"Us" is very relative. The metric/decimal system is standard in the EEC. The imperial system is out of date/obsolete in the EEC. In fact it was never used except for one country.

But writing 1999 instead of 1,999 would be less confusing for people that are not used to international standards (pun intended) ;)

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
AndrewT said:
we in the UK are also in the EC.
Let's just try to avoid the confusion.

Yeah but no Euro and a discount on EC fees as large as the sum we have to pay to the EC. Lucky you.

DaveM said:
Hey are you calling me out of date and obsolete? I resemble that comment!:clown:

I have tried pushing the companies I work for to use metric in the US, but when materials and tools are cheaper in imperial measurement, it is an uphill climb.

Hi, I wasn't aware of the US migrating to metric ! You probably feel like a missionary trying to convert people from a belief to another one :D.

grufti said:
xaudiox is possibly just realizing the logistic complications of shipping 400+ pcb's.

how about two ideas: one US and one EC "distribution center"?

Salas said:
At this point with so many requests, he can get a very good new deal from the pcb maker and we can add $1 split in half. $200 for him, $200 donation to DIY forum. What about that? Its an incentive and a thanks.

I support both these ideas.
Although I'm a newcomer to the forum if needed I think I could help out with the distribution in the EU.