• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for DC coupled B1 buffer with shunt PSUs

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
xaudiox said:

True, i'll build prototype boards for both version and will test them together.. i already have most of the parts except for the relays. i can probably do it early next week.. thanks

What you do is really great

Maybe just one small tiny thing
Man, I dare not say
But I would like just a tiny small slit in the middle of supply ground, going from bridge to caps :umbrella:

xaudiox said:
I just got the reply from my friend about the price of the pcb.with all the cost involve, tooling cost, shipping ,tax etc..

Basic B1 - $4.5/ea
Deluxe B1 - $6.5/ea

what do you think guys?

i'm still working on the deluxe b1 layout,

thanks

xaudiox,

I wonder when will we be seeing the official Delux and Basic BOM...?

Suppose all of them are common and easy to find right...?

Xaudiox,
I don't want to add to your already busy workload (or attract the wrath of our Moderator!) but this relatively simple change to the power supply pcb might be worth looking at ....

If you change the top layer GND "plane" (with the slot!?) to the bottom layer, nearly all of the 21 top layer soldering connections move to the bottom layer, particularly the inaccessible electro caps, the heat sensitive jfets (definitely recommended using heatsink clips), etc.

This leaves just 2 areas that may need the top layer.

1. The -ve rail shunt IRFP gate resistor - can be "stood up" (vertical, with an insulating sleeve) and connected via bottom layer.
The -ve rail CCS IRFP track can be rerouted to avoid using the top layer - needs a bit more room)

2. The connection between the +ve rail shunt IRFP source to o/p pin - top layer, or link - the output electro and it's 100nF bipass can use a seperate bottom track (better, anyway)

So, this can easily become a simpler single layer design, especially for the novice diy builder, and ol' folks like me!

------------------------------------------------------

I know the Buffer area is still coming together - perhaps some of my "musings" might be relevant, or not ....

The Basic B1 is quite interesting - many of the between layer connections are located right at the jfets (highly recommend avoid doing this, tempting tho it is) - the Relay version is quite straight forward to change this area so that the jfets have no top layer connections at all - perhaps this layout could be transferred back to the Basic board design? With a bit more room ....?

I'm quite puzzled with the Relay B1's gnd track meandering all over the place from relay shorting points, to input and output shields, fet resistor gnds, etc - the GND tracking follows the same design rules as ....

Use seperate tracks, or links, to tie these seperate "loops" to the central GND POINT, that is located ...... Where?

Might want to add an "earth floating" resistor (maybe 100R) from this GND point to seperate it from the Chassis Earth?

The 2 ac tracks beside the +ve rail? Perhaps, move the diode(s), ripple cap & reg completely away from the signal circuitry at the other end of the pcb.

... my 2 cents!

jean-paul said:

The tone of your post is not pleasant. Others do the work. You could offer to make the BOM.

Here is BOM that manage to list according to the Basic PCB with some parts number.

http://img263.imageshack.us/i/69497229.gif/

Please correct me if I'm wrong...

I just don't understand why people being bias with my question. Reason for such question is just I need to know if there's any update for parts involve besides the one that we see from early posting......maybe because of the 3rd world country flag...:confused: