Funny ^6

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
You are welcome to come down with your F5T V3 and do a little listening. You will know what to do then:D
Itis maxing out my speaker selection. Alpair 7.3 has wonderful detail, space and imaging, but no body down low. 10.2 have great body, but loose the detail and clarity you get with 7.3's. A two-way using both would be ideal, for this type. Altecs would be mind blowing.

Last edited:
On the next board, I will give multiple outputs a try to see if how they perform. Biggest advantage of SS is the fact that you can get away without degeneration. Laterals will be first to tr on the next version, as they also allow this feature. Something about minimal degeneration that really frees and amp up. Kicker is getting distortion low and dampening reasonable. There are some Cree Sic devices that Iwill try as well. That being siad, Nelson made some wonderful sounding amps with the IRF fets. TIs the topology that is interesting in the end. I have started work on ZM's version with 5 fillar winding that is being negotiated as we speak.

Same for both. :)
Here is the theory. AN amp with no feedbaclk, except for local meeting place of floating ground. You tune the circuit to nice warm 2k in SE, as posted in graphs, then you make magic connection, reducing 2k somewhat, but also maintaing some. It brings the spectra into nice balance and as a result, you have cleaned things up a bit and added a little DF. I loose some of the vertical height of the music which I often associate with SE tubes(also now higher negative 2k harmonics). I can assure you, it is the F6 on roids. I can wait to put a quality FE on it. With music, the better the recording, the better the sound. I am hoping the same is true of FE'nds and sources. It is an exciting thing to think you have some that will only improve as you add to. Today, I will compare to F5T V3 with no diodes, as I never get near thta power threshold.

Couple of options

Attachments

• BAX.png
    BAX.png
    45.9 KB · Views: 290
  • f^X pre.png
    f^X pre.png
    96.2 KB · Views: 292
Last edited:
Currently, a set of SS outputs for this amp would run you close to $400. I would pay it without hesitation and it would be at the top of my list if starting new system. I am interested to see if the 5 fillar winding version from ZM will best it. Unfortunately the delivary time is mid June, so no new excitement for a while.

Currently, a set of SS outputs for this amp would run you close to $400. I would pay it without hesitation and it would be at the top of my list if starting new system. I am interested to see if the 5 fillar winding version from ZM will best it. Unfortunately the delivary time is mid June, so no new excitement for a while.

Have you thought about building with the 2SK82?
You can still get them for around $25 each.

Rush

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Same for both. :)
Here is the theory. AN amp with no feedbaclk, except for local meeting place of floating ground. ....

exactly , except..... expression same as "little pregnant":rofl: :clown:

that territory - you need either Pass SIT-1 , or V-Fet , or Shaded SJEP/SJDP , or Shaded IRFP , with maybe just small amount of feedback , needed for slightly better cone control

however - when one needs higher power , some amount of feedback is welcome .... no feedback is good in 10W territory

SE iteration enclosed - sort of universal project/pcb ; still need to be confirmed in vivo , but I have no doubts

Attachments

• Babelfish SIT-2_SIC_MOS_Shade pcb.jpg
    Babelfish SIT-2_SIC_MOS_Shade pcb.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 261
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
you can Shade output but ..... few things :

- same as for Ultralinear connection of toobz , it's important to note that every part is having own sweet spot ; say that for IRFP240 1K for gate resistor and 10K from drain to gate is proven combo ; for every other part one need to find proper combination
-to have Shade and place a part in most linear part of load lines , think about at least 50% higher PSU voltages

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.