Funny ^6

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I will when I get the chance, antoinel. In the middle of F5T Gb shipping and now F6 transformers are coming soon.
buzzforb. The MDC tool above can test other balanced systems. For example, lhquam's "Balanced F5 in a small footprint". His [cascoded or not] is a DIDO void of MDC. By contrast, F5X--the EUVL Approach, and the amp by Mr. Pass which practices US 5,376,899 are DIDOs with MDC.

I like DIDO better:clown:

You seem very doubtful. Why?[/QUOTE]
Don't understand the underlined. Many different mechanisms to attain MDC. I read in EUVL's thread that the mechanism used in his F5X is different from that used by Mr. Pass; both of which are different from Zen Mod's Babelfish F6x. The probability is high that Funny^6 is a DIDO which is void of MDC; so wrote the inventor [Pass] of the patent said above in 1994.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I wreote several times ;

in regular F6 , we are having two resistors for feedback net , making voltage divider , connected to bottom of input xformer coil , working in phase with input signal ....... in that way that positive (input) going signal on top of coil is decreased with (smaller) positive going feedback signal on bottom of coil

smaller resistor in feedback net is connected to gnd

if you take two channels of F6 and feed them with antiphase signals , you'll have bridged amp , for load connected to their positive outputs

imagine two (smaller) feedback resistors connected together on lower end, and then to gnd ;

now imagine their common node disconnected from gnd - now they both are acting as virtual gnd to other one , because signal going through each is antiphase to signal through other one ; their common node is still sitting on gnd potential , even if being floating in nature ; voilla! _ you have bridged circuit , with error correction - feedback is X-ed ........ through that node and also through common interaction of xformer coils

that's the same in nature as tail point in SUSY connected LTP ; famous McMilan resistors for SUSY Alephs ( and similar circs ) are having duty of decreasing any possible potential fluctuating in that point , in other words - increasing circuit symmetry
just conclusion - AC voltage in that point is exact measure of circuit assymetry ( and that's error , per se )

buzz can implement McMilan resistors in his Funny^6 too

edit : for reference , Buzz's Funny^6 sch attached :

editedit: attached edited and properly shrinked pic

Attachments

• Funny^6.jpg
    Funny^6.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 230
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.