Funniest snake oil theories

Status
Not open for further replies.
AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
No, I was trying to send Dan a gentle message. I didn't say anything about what I do or don't find credible. You don't know me very well, maybe about as well as I know you?

No, we don't know each other. Therefor necessary to clearly communicate.

The message: 'Jan: Really?' does not seem to be directed to any Dan, unless there is a typo ;-)

Jan

Disabled Account
Joined 2017
A little too gentle. now its turned into a fist fight.

giphy.gif

He says he copied a music file from some other device (PC?) to his phone via a standard USB cable, then copied it again (different destination directory? different file name?) via a USB cable that he treated with his magic filter. The two files are the same size, have the same md5sum, etc; he says every tool at his disposal indicates they are identical. Further, even if he copies them back to his HD the difference in sound remains. Chew on that for a while.

He says he copied a music file from some other device (PC?) to his phone via a standard USB cable, then copied it again (different destination directory? different file name?) via a USB cable that he treated with his magic filter. The two files are the same size, have the same md5sum, etc; he says every tool at his disposal indicates they are identical. Further, even if he copies them back to his HD the difference in sound remains. Chew on that for a while.
Pavel yes, Nez has it mostly correct.
Two folders named`xxxx - 00 and xxxx - 01 were created on a HD newly formatted and bare partition.
The dowloaded files were copied to each of these newly created HD folders.
Folder xxxx - 00 was copied to phone flash memory utilising standard USB cable.
Folder xxxx - 01 was copied to phone flash memory utilising custom cable incorporating said mixture within each connector.

So, when using Samsung S5 as a playback device connected to pretty much the full spectrum of replay systems the resultant is that these two folders play back differently.
This difference is subtle, and perhaps not properly noticed until reverting to the non 'filtered' folder.
It is then that this kind of difference becomes apparent, and universally clear preference is expressed.

The nature of this difference is essentially the same as when my cable clampon filters are applied to system power/signal cables and when combined the effect is cumulative/multiplicative.

The effect is change in dynamically modulated modulations and intermodulations albeit at low levels, nevertheless it is these interacting behaviors that dictate the subtle signature of devices and systems.

These underlying dynamic behaviors can be dictated at will.

Dan.

Max Headroom said:
The nature of this difference is essentially the same as when my cable clampon filters are applied to system power/signal cables and when combined the effect is cumulative/multiplicative.
I can believe that the effect is the same. Combining two zero effects will only multiply/accumulate in the trivial sense of still being zero.

You need to understand that the effect you are claiming cannot come from physics and information, and so must come from something supernatural/paranormal (or merely psychological).

Status
Not open for further replies.