Status
Not open for further replies.
The BS-Fu is strong with this post:

Uk09hu1.jpg

YdIjcGL.jpg

xGHSL3o.jpg

I love the seating arrangement.

Nope....it's Lighting Director.
The Lighting Design is done long before the show goes on the road.
The LD operates the lighting control console, calls cues to follow spot operators and is head of tour lighting division.

Dan.

The LDs (Lighting Designers) I met when I worked for one of the largest supplier of touring lighting systems would be mightily upset.

One LD had 5 systems on tour which were operated by his assistants.

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Do you remember if the room acoustics were as horrible as some assume?

To be honest, I don't remember. I was younger then and absolutely blown away with that venue. I doubt that with all the pomp and very expensive equipment it could sound anything but fantastic to me at that time ;-)

And it was the second of such rooms we visited that evening. Before we went to another guy with different equipment but equally awesome venue. I remember
a stack of 8 (!) top of the line ML power amps and one of the world's 4 surviving monstruous $ 100k Rockport turntables. That room had 100's of small sidepanels on the sidewalls that could swivel to present different acoustic properties.

That was when I learned what 'cost no object' really means.

Jan

Joined 2016
Paid Member
I'm not about breaking any molds, more about finessing the existing molds.
The driver is curious observations from very long experience with all manner of audio equipment and other unrelated equipments....and other 'unrelated' fields of study.

Like I said above, in the next few days I will do a particular experiment and then post what I find.

Dan.

Did I miss something or are we still waiting?

Did I miss something or are we still waiting ?.
I'm waiting on getting some particular ingredients to make up a mixture that will produce distinctly 'bad' sound....this should make for greater and more readily identifiable audible differences.

In the meantime there is other experimentation going on treating car 12v power.
Results are better performance and also cleaner clearer car audio with better depth imaging as reported by one tester.

Dan.

Dan you claimed that you had two bit-identical files that sound different, but you seem to be unwilling or unable to produce them. I don't understand what the third file is for, and I don't care. At this point I do not believe that you have what you claim to have, nor that you ever did. This is just a shell game.

Status
Not open for further replies.