Funniest snake oil theories

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Cannae Drive eh! sounds like something from one of Douglas Adams books.

If I remember right his was called the Improbability Drive, the more ludicrous the information fed into was, the faster it went.

Some will believe anything and some will believe nothing. The rest of us like some kind of proof.

Last edited:
It would indeed be funny snake oil if it weren't being funded by my tax money. I love the upshot of all the reports- "We need more money!" Of course they do.
Isn't that the truth.

For those claiming that this is a breakthrough. There has been a huge amount of backlash in the scientific community, not because of the results but because of the experimental design. I am going off memory here, so my apologies if I get something wrong. The first thing to note is that the amount of energy for propulsion compared to the amount input was incredibly small. This in and of itself would not be a big issue in a proof of concept system. The problem is it is so small that they needed to properly account for ALL of the various external sources of energy and they didn't. The amount of propulsion detected was well within the range possible for a variety of thermal gradients and they didn't account for at least some of them (I want to say they didn't account for any of them but my memory is foggy). As a result, all of the supposed propulsion maybe actually thermally induced lift which is nothing new and also not entirely surprising based on the amount of energy being dumped into the system.

NASA admits functional test of zero point energy inertial drive.

And it works.

Sucks to be a flat earther. sucks to be a negative proofer.

Time to put the head on the curb and take back all the virulence, violence and ridicule that the monkey has cast at and into those who knew better.

So when the time finally came for all those derisive, nasty, viscous, borderline psychotic negative people to take their garbage back home, to get what is coming to them....suddenly the room was empty and so silent you could hear a pin drop.

They all went home shamefaced and silent. Brooding, waiting for the moment when they could pounce out there and fling poo again. There ain't no learning in them.

They can dish it out but they cannot take it. Not a single stand-up thinking human among them. Some of those people are in this thread. There is no getting around that.

In the final analysis, this is just one instance out of a thousand in the past and and thousand more to come.

Where is a link to the NASA report?

Detail left out...

"The NASA scientists determined that the Cannae Drive produces 30 to 50 micronewtons of thrust — less than 0.1 percent of that measured by the Chinese team, Wired UK noted, but nevertheless suggesting that the technology works."

The Casimir effect is well known, predicted, and measured as well as how small it is. One might as well talk about a Hall effect engine for cars.

Fremerized

In the February 2015 issue of Stereophile magazine, Michael Fremer has 4 solid pages of snake oil products, save for two acoustic diffusers that must have been included by accident.

I believe the last Fremer article I read, he went off about how wonderful a cable sounded, after it converted signals to light, then reprocessed them to an electrical signal at the next rca connection.
The description literally seemed like nonsense, to me.
Later Atkinson measurements revealed the "cable" to not deliver even a passing semblance of an identical copy of the original signal.
One has to wonder how this product makes it to market, with such an obvious flaw.
To me, the only way these spikes could be inaudible, would be if their duration was so brief as to be beyond a speaker driver's ability to resolve.
Spikes of this magnitude, I guess, would have to cause difficulty for an amp, sort of like deliberately amplifying intermodulation noise.
Anyone remember these?
I probably shouldn't mention their manufacturer name.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.