Full Range Speaker Photo Gallery

My lovely Eminence 12lta's with phase plugs sound great on top of H-frames. I should take a better pic. Tweeter is Eminence 1001 with the small Dayton waveguide.

Zilla

Attachments

• 12lta-ob.jpg
    12lta-ob.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 3,821
FA22RCZ MLTL design

And the last one:

Bob Brines calculated a MLTL for the new SEAS 8 inch driver for me.

Superlian, Where could I get a copy of Bob's design please? These look very interesting.

I've been running the Seas 60L sealed design for the FA22RCZ drivers from a iPod120GB losses encoding, Sonic Impact T-Amp from a small motorcycle battery.

thanks

Here's my take on the Ikea salad bowl speakers

The drivers are Tang Band W3-871S and the salad bowls are the 20cm size ones from Ikea.

speaker%201.jpg

speaker%202.jpg

This is my notch filter to stops the harsh top end. I built the notch filter after viewing this site Listening Impressions and Notch Filter for the W3-871S Fullrange Monitors

speaker%203.jpg

speaker%204.jpg

The speaker base. Made from a piece of ash, with 20mm holes drilled in it and 3 x 32mm wooden balls secured in with screws from underneath.

speaker%205.jpg

The plywood ring was stuck to the from half of the speaker housing with Sikaflex and the a sticky back foam was stuck to the front side. The long piece of threaded bar is the passed through a hole in the bottom of the rear part of the speaker and compressed against the foam seal by tightening a nut onto it.

speaker%206.jpg

speaker%207.jpg

speaker%208.jpg

speaker%209.jpg

The finished product.

The only downside of these full range speakers is the lack the low end base, due to only having a 3 inch driver, but the sound quality of these speakers attached to my LM3875 Gainclone chip amp is very good and I am very satisfying with them.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Last edited:
fruitbowls

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/atta...0272d1310044677-newby-nw-uk-hello-pairfbs.jpg

glad it wasnt just me :) the drivers are just some cheap full range units so they look better than they sound

was interested in the port size info cos they sound restricted when ya turn them up . and i used a similar idea for

stands , but with the 3 wooden balls joined by 2 peices of chromed rod rather than on a plinth

Last edited:
diyAudio

glad it wasnt just me :) the drivers are just some cheap full range units so they look better than they sound

was interested in the port size info cos they sound restricted when ya turn them up . and i used a similar idea for

stands , but with the 3 wooden balls joined by 2 peices of chromed rod rather than on a plinth

Same here...IKEA bowls ;)

Attachments

• IMG_0246.jpg
    IMG_0246.jpg
    268.8 KB · Views: 1,888
  • IMG_0307.jpg
    IMG_0307.jpg
    271.7 KB · Views: 1,878
Last edited: