Full Range Speaker Photo Gallery

Incredible work guys. I just browsed all 116 pages. Inspiring work.

I couldn't agree more. Over the years of browsing the forums I have saved literally hundreds of pictures and have created a folder on my computer called "Audio Inspiration" about 99% of the photos are from DIYers.

Josh

Edit: If you change your settings to view 50 posts/page its much easier to browse the forum, I find.

BVR / vintage Philips AD7061/M4 ( phase plug + magnet ring compensation )

Attachments

• BVR 1.jpg
    BVR 1.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 2,636
  • BVR 2.jpg
    BVR 2.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 2,574
  • BVR 3.jpg
    BVR 3.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 2,502
  • BVR 4.jpg
    BVR 4.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 2,461
Last edited:
here's a uFonken^2 for the small office annex in the man-cave. tung-oiled oak ply. currently wired in parallel for a measured impedance of 3.5ohms. i only have 24 hrs on these thus far with an ancient 20 yr old Denon receiver. so far, i'm very, very pleased.

a big thanks to Dave for sharing his designs and to everyone here on the FR Forum for sharing their knowledge - i really appreciate it :).

Those are very nice, and I see you have caught a picture of the elusive Dust Cap Monster!

here's a uFonken^2 for the small office annex in the man-cave. tung-oiled oak ply. currently wired in parallel for a measured impedance of 3.5ohms. i only have 24 hrs on these thus far with an ancient 20 yr old Denon receiver. so far, i'm very, very pleased.

a big thanks to Dave for sharing his designs and to everyone here on the FR Forum for sharing their knowledge - i really appreciate it :).

Hello Fishski13!

Please forgive the ignorance of a technically inept amongst us, but why would you have chosen to wire them in parallel for a measured impedance of 3.5 ohms over wiring in series for a higher impedance? Just curious what the thought process behind that decision was...

Tom Scata (thetubeguy1954)

=========================================================
"The man that hath no music in himself nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds is fit for treasons, stratagems and spoils."
- William Shakespeare

Hello Fishski13!

Please forgive the ignorance of a technically inept amongst us, but why would you have chosen to wire them in parallel for a measured impedance of 3.5 ohms over wiring in series for a higher impedance? Just curious what the thought process behind that decision was...

"The man that hath no music in himself nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds is fit for treasons, stratagems and spoils."
- William Shakespeare

good question - try them both ways -although you'll get more power into the lower impedance load, the Denon might he happier at 16ohms than 4- and the FF85 will not conceal the difference;)

just madness, no particular thought process :). that's part of the reason i ran the wires directly out - i want to be able to try both parallel and series. i have a Tripath based 30W Amp4 upstairs and an %80 completed F5. i'll end up with 16ohm connection with these amps and the SE tube amp i have on deck.

Hello Fishski13!

- William Shakespeare

just madness, no particular thought process :). that's part of the reason i ran the wires directly out - i want to be able to try both parallel and series. i have a Tripath based 30W Amp4 upstairs and an %80 completed F5. i'll end up with 16ohm connection with these amps and the SE tube amp i have on deck.

Hello Fishski13!

Thanks for the clarification...

================================================== =======
- William Shakespeare

Yes, very nice work indeed. I've seen your video's on YouTube and you mention that the horns were sourced from Rainer Flock. When I use the link on your page (http://www.flo-horns.de) is shows the URL is no longer working or valid. Can you give me an alternative way to contact Rainer? I thank you in advance for your time :)

Upgrading my BLH using the BMS 4524 driver

3746685671_6f215f4c79.jpg

4185025421_f5c47193a3.jpg

3783163368_9c21e68c8f.jpg

Those are lovely... i just pulled a set of those drivers, i'd be interested in more detail.

dave

Hi Dave,

I think project like Iris 1v1 is better for Philips AD7061/M4... but small room + high cabinets + Wife Factor = isn’t a good idea :rolleyes: . My BVR with one mouth horn is compromise.
Different vintage Philips AD7061/M4 have different T/S parameters , Fs from 68Hz to 87Hz, Qts from 0,65 to 0,9. My drivers used to have Fs=74Hz/Qts=0,68 . After the modification (new spider) Fs came down to 68Hz , with magnet ring Qts came down to 0,48. With these parameters I calculated horn lenght=90cm, horn throat=60cm² , horn mouth=700cm², CC=9L.

I`m not sure if philips drivers will sound good without modification in my project.

Philips with magnet ring and my prevous 2 way BVR project (first steps :) )in process of development

Attachments

• philips.jpg
    philips.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 2,620
  • 2 way BVR.jpg
    2 way BVR.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 2,648