Full Range Speaker Photo Gallery

I just saw these in person. They're incredible :eek:

Much smaller than I inferred from this photo. Almost fits in the palm of your hand.

Interesting. Thanks. I figured they were smallish, but yikes! So how's the low end? I love to think small can make big sound. My one experiment with small (4.5" pioneer fullrangers in a BD Pipes enclosure) was impressive re: low end. (sanded through the veneer on the chinese birch ply, as you can see, but I learned alot in the process).

DSCN2357.jpg

I liked the MTM from last summer better, but that doesn't mean anything. Dave was still working out the cross over. Even as we listened he was setting the trim on the bass. Otherwise they sounded great.

I believe that the speaker mentioned was using the crossover that Dave Rosgaard (Dave R) had designed and that I soldered up (I think it was that speaker) at the meet.
I think that dave (P10) was later seen dancing around, using it as a boombox.

Breaking News!
I now have the evidence:

236745d1314046336-8th-annual-vancouver-island-diyfest-2011-mtms.jpg

Best Regards,
TerryO

Last edited:
DaveR did the design (& execution of the series XO for CHBW + ERT26. I did the XO for the MTM (1 choke + 1 cap (+ bypass cap))

dave

Hey dave,

Probably my poor memory. All I really remember is that I soldered some crossovers , DaveR was designing and you was busy doing something else.

Was that the same evening that we matched up all the eNABL'd drivers according to their final measured specs?

Sometimes it's a lot of work to have a great time.:D

Best Regards,
Terry

Hey dave,

Probably my poor memory. All I really remember is that I soldered some crossovers , DaveR was designing and you was busy doing something else.

Was that the same evening that we matched up all the eNABL'd drivers according to their final measured specs?

Sometimes it's a lot of work to have a great time.:D

Best Regards,
Terry

and at our age (close to 200 collectively) it's even more work to reconstruct the memories thereof

well, actually all human memory is a construct, but let's not get metaphysical....

until August, then all bets are off

cheery bye:D

a propos of nothing

looking at the picture of Dave cavalierly humping those MTMs* reminds me that had a chance to hear the "woofT" ( push-push EL166/Woofer6) earlier today - if Mark doesn't reissue this driver with whatever model designation he decides, it'd be a waste of his versatile engineering talent

*ask him how he's feeling after another shift as furniture mover today ;) (pretty soon Tysen will be able to lend a hand)