• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Fs: Tda1541a/s2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Jean-Paul, others,

This is still for sale.... Just search 2*tda1541 post.

Regards,
GuidoB

Attachments

• dac1.jpg
    dac1.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 1,756
Re: Tda1541a/s1

Tubeee said:
This is the genuine Philips TDA1541A/S1 of mine.

Watch for the left white line... That is another difference I can tell..

apassgear: Does your TDA1541A/S1 has this white line? Since we all interesting in building TDA1541's DAC we'd better to have the ability to identify them from fake one.

Any one who knows the whole tale???

This is the S1 in my Arcam Delta 70.2. Looks just like the one you think is fake - no white line - and with the same date code. Same date code as Scott Nixon's - no white line - but the crown is different.

If someone wanted to fake the S1 and the crown - then they would also fake the white line - if that is the real tell tale sign.

Attachments

• tda1541as1 - arcam3.jpg
    tda1541as1 - arcam3.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 1,096
For reference:

I have 2 original Philips CD880's.

1) Unit #1 dated June 1988 - has the TDA1541AS1 crown dac.
2) Unit #2 undated - has the TDA1541A dac.

I believe unit #2 is earlier. It has some seemingly in-house ground wires soldered here and there that unit #1 doesn't have.

Whatever that socketed chip is, it's marked P 203 on the #2 unit and P 204 on the #1 unit.

Both have the CDM-1 MKII transport.

Loomis

This seems to be the best SONY combo matching a propriatary transport and the top-notch Philips chip. I read a lot about about this monster which I guess can be obtained in Moscow. It costs a fortune though. I wonder about the sound. Judging by a similarly built Sony 227 ESD that I have, the marridge between a Sony and a Philips (2 TDA 1541A) is not always made in a sonic heaven. But then again, the comparison may not be correct.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.