Frugel-Horn Mk3

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Is Planet10 still doing online business? I’ve sent a couple of emails recently and had no response.

I am officially semiretired and a lot slower, plus we have been snowed in which has skewed things (rehab takes more time in the snow, aand unlike most of the rest of Canada, don’t usually get snow). I have a number of emails i have yet to get to answering. Paience please.

dave

Hello again,

They are finally put together :). I'm going to wait with the finish until I've tested them, too hyped to wait any longer. Also, if something is off and I can remove or add stuffing etc.

At the moment I don't have anything to put them on. I started googling about "spikes" and it seems to be kind of controversial subjects. Half of the people say it is snakeoil, other half says its not.

So, what should I get? Some rubber pads, some super expensive spikes (I personally don't feel like they will make a huge difference other than perhaps look good) or something else?

Best regards,
Fredrik

Attachments

• speaker1.jpg
    speaker1.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 415
  • speaker2.jpg
    speaker2.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 394
Fredrik93.

If you wish to try a set of spikes, but do not want to spend lots of money, I have a DIY suggestion to offer.

Purchase a package of Arrow tip inserts, and a package of "bullet point" or "field point" arrow points. You can construct some "outriggers" to mount them in if you don't wish to bore holes in your new cabinets to test them.

I searched out a few links on Amazon, but the bits should be available in any store local to you that specializes in Archery.

Simply bore the correct diameter hole for the inserts, and glue in place, when the glue has set screw in the arrow tips.

I don't have a diagram but will share a couple links, I think the idea should be obvious from there...

Inserts:
Amazon.com : .246 Diameter Standard Carbon Arrow Inserts (12 Pc. Pack) 8/32 Threads Fits Carbon Arrows With .246" ID : Sports & Outdoors

Bullet point tips:
Amazon.com : Bowcore Premium Stainless Steel Archery Target Field Points: Screw in Bullet or Combo Field Point for Multiple Arrow Sizes - 1 Dozen : Gateway

Field point tips:
Amazon.com : COSMOS Pack of 12 PCS Screw In Archery Bullet Points for Arrows, 100 Grain Each : Gateway

Hello again,

They are finally put together :). I'm going to wait with the finish until I've tested them, too hyped to wait any longer. Also, if something is off and I can remove or add stuffing etc.

At the moment I don't have anything to put them on. I started googling about "spikes" and it seems to be kind of controversial subjects. Half of the people say it is snakeoil, other half says its not.

So, what should I get? Some rubber pads, some super expensive spikes (I personally don't feel like they will make a huge difference other than perhaps look good) or something else?

Best regards,
Fredrik

I like the Sonic Design feet from HifiKit.se. They are not really visible against a wooden floor and don't risk any scratching.

Standard - Hogtalarfotter - Tillbehor

/Viktor