freeDSP - an open source 2-in 4-out digital crossover board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just ordered a kit, can't wait to design my Main EQ/crossover with it.

Quick question, can one connect an (external) arduino over I2c through the USBI connection to program the DSP dynamically? Has that been done? I ask because I've done this with the 1702 EVAL board to some success.

Last edited:
Cypress Cy7c68013a-56

If you want to program your Free DSP with a Cypress EZ-USB you might run into annoying troubles installing the Windows drivers for this Cy7c68013 board.

Please follow instructions in the attached PDF and manually force the driver (*.inf file) to install !!

And for more instructions on USBi communcations: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digi...rogrammer-using-cypress-cy7c68013a-board.html

Attachments

• CyUSB.pdf
    297.1 KB · Views: 242
Hello all,

I've written a reasonably slick FreeDSP configuration tool for a 2 x 3 way active crossover (my intent is to add another D/A pair). I'd be willing to contribute this to the project should there be enough interest. The applet is written in C++ for the Windows OS. Changes can be made in realtime. More features can of course be added until the DSP runs out of resources.

It would be great if someone offered up the Arduino script to write the passed values into the DSP 'safeload registers'. I haven't found the time to work thru the details of that as of yet.

FreeDSP_Cfg_00.jpg

Hello all,

I've written a reasonably slick FreeDSP configuration tool for a 2 x 3 way active crossover (my intent is to add another D/A pair). I'd be willing to contribute this to the project should there be enough interest. The applet is written in C++ for the Windows OS. Changes can be made in realtime. More features can of course be added until the DSP runs out of resources.

It would be great if someone offered up the Arduino script to write the passed values into the DSP 'safeload registers'. I haven't found the time to work thru the details of that as of yet.

FreeDSP_Cfg_00.jpg

I've got code that does safeload writing on Arduino :) Here you go.

Forgot to mention, you're looking for the function safeWriteReg. You pass a variable as a float/double and it converts/splits it up for i2c transmission. You may find the safeloadFilter useful for loading 5 safeload registers in a row for updating a filter. If you're interested I can attach the rest of my project.

Attachments

• SigmaStudioFw.zip
    26.3 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:
I've got code that does safeload writing on Arduino :) Here you go.

Forgot to mention, you're looking for the function safeWriteReg. You pass a variable as a float/double and it converts/splits it up for i2c transmission. You may find the safeloadFilter useful for loading 5 safeload registers in a row for updating a filter. If you're interested I can attach the rest of my project.

Great! Thank you!! You've saved me some time.

Great! Thank you!! You've saved me some time.

For everyone else, I've attached the project. There is a more complete version with a Menu (via LCD) but it runs out of memory too quickly, this is the stripped - load filters from a file version (Filter read in is currently set to read from EEPROM due to lack of having an external storage device).

This was done for a senior project I completed recently so much is fresh in my memory, here is the archive.
http://digitalcommons.calpoly.edu/eesp/300

*note, if you aren't aware, SigmaStudio requires a very specific format for storing filters, type 2 direct with A1/A2 inverted (add a -1 multiply). Read the comments in biquad.cpp.

Oh and shameless plug, I'm looking for work in DSP/audio/speakers, any and all leads would be appreciated.

Attachments

• CompleteProject.zip
    28.8 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:
Hello!
I just checked your website and see that I missed the deadline for the current batch. :dead:
I am wondering if there is still one board available... :rolleyes:
Please let me know.
Thanks!

Hello everyone,

we just started a new order-run for freeDSP-kits (all components included, SMD already pre-soldered).

Please refer to our last newsletter for more information:

freeDSP kits now available

Feel free to contact us :)

regards

freedsp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.