freeDSP - an open source 2-in 4-out digital crossover board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone!
I've recently built a digital input add-on board based on a design I found at DSP 01 ? latent laboratories. It's built around a CS8422 asynchronous sample rate converter, has S/PDIF and AES/EBU input plus two potentiometers, a toggle switch and a LED connected to the ADAU's GPIOs. I have two PCBs left over. If anyone is interested in the PCBs and/or the Eagle files, just send me a PM.
Flo

Attachments

• Datei 01.10.15, 14 14 24.jpg
    Datei 01.10.15, 14 14 24.jpg
    514.9 KB · Views: 831
  • Datei 01.10.15, 14 15 04.jpg
    Datei 01.10.15, 14 15 04.jpg
    501.3 KB · Views: 796
Hi there, I've got a FreeDSP board and have run into the same problem as everyone else with not having a Windows machine, and SigmaStudio not running under WINE. However, I may have made some progress....
sigma1.gif

....but not very much progress. This is the error I get when I try to open a new project:
sigmaerror1.gif

To get it to install and open at all, I had to use the .NET framework (3.5, sp 1) and an XML parser (version 3) which are available in the "Winetricks" menu in WineBottler. I suspect there are other things in that menu that, if installed, would prevent this error - it looks to me like it's missing some libraries to do with drawing windows and handling user input. Does anyone reading this, know enough about Windows to tell me what those might be?

so they are better than the first one

TDA1387T doesn't either need MCLK, that's why I proposed it in the first place. Some people like it more than sigma-delta DAC's. You can get the 5V from the Arduino on board, I think, or from the external PSU used to power FreeDSP board. Got to investigate more. There are issues with PCM5102A when used at 3.3V (output might be clipping), folks building DAC's for Raspberry Pi have now moved to PCM5122 chip which can be programmed to reduce digital gain to avoid clipping.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.