FR125S/SDX7 2-way

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm sorry I don't have that information. The location on the baffle will vary depending on the shape of the elbow pipe.

My life is that of transition now. I will have little to offer until I've settled in my new home in Asia.

The joy of speaker building is conception, experimentation and hopefully success. Best of luck to you all.

With all the designs for these 2 drivers has no one actually measured them? Subjective speaker design works. I've done plenty. But some Frd and impedance curves have to be out there somewhere? I know every piece should be measured especially since the consistency of these things is suspect. But a set of curves would be a nice starting point. I guess these drivers are yesterday's news anyway...

Wow another Old post resurrected?

I just re-opened my new old stock (NOS) boxes of SDX7's. I had purchased them during liquidation sale.. forgot how many years ago. Hooked them up to my garage receiver for about an hour to loosen them up. Strange ...the center piece is black not copper as I was expecting. I will play them some more this weekend prior to measure...we'll see

With all the designs for these 2 drivers has no one actually measured them? Subjective speaker design works. I've done plenty. But some Frd and impedance curves have to be out there somewhere? I know every piece should be measured especially since the consistency of these things is suspect. But a set of curves would be a nice starting point. I guess these drivers are yesterday's news anyway...

Wow another Old post resurrected?

I just re-opened my new old stock (NOS) boxes of SDX7's. I had purchased them during liquidation sale.. forgot how many years ago. Hooked them up to my garage receiver for about an hour to loosen them up. Strange ...the center piece is black not copper as I was expecting. I will play them some more this weekend prior to measure...we'll see

Be interested in seening those sdx7 which are black. None were made that i know of. All had copper plugs.

I'd like to use these SDX7 in a 2-way but folks have talked about 'break-up' at higher frequencies.
The FR125 never showed me enough high frequency for my tastes. I'd be interested to see what they are really doing.

Yes i sent you the info on the sdx7 to my flickr and Dave D can confirm. The upper end of the sdx7. Cone treatment which Dave did and I did were 2 different processes. Both with similar results on the sdx7.

Weird, the plug looks to be a smaller diameter even and a different weave of carbon fibre on the cone as well...from my original looking ones as in the photo i attached below

Attachments

• IMG_3926.jpg
    IMG_3926.jpg
    662.4 KB · Views: 70
Yes complete differnt motors cones surrounds. Really they are different drivers completely. The DIY CABLE. Driver Kevin designed had a paper cone compaired to the carbon fiber cone used on the SDX7. The motor on the DIY CABLE driver also had a larger neo motor than the SDX7 motor.

Yes complete differnt motors cones surrounds. Really they are different drivers completely. The DIY CABLE. Driver Kevin designed had a paper cone compaired to the carbon fiber cone used on the SDX7. The motor on the DIY CABLE driver also had a larger neo motor than the SDX7 motor.

OK..So now I have no idea of what model driver or Number it is that I have. Thanks for the description....I remember now ordering from the Kevin name and DIY cable

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.