First Watt F7 review

Joined 2009
Paid Member
adjusting k2......

Attachments

• adjusting k.jpg
    adjusting k.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 1,075
yes I forgot..... my world is too much IRF oriented.

heavyDump generg

Hey Generg, My world was too, until Infineon bought them and they laid me off... I'm back working again but IR is no More! (since the first of 2015 Actually). From what I know, Buying Vishay parts is your best bet if you want IRF240/610 types. That would be all the parts from 2005 on I believe :D
IR did have an GaNi part that is promising, like a SIT, but, knowing what goes on there it aint worth chasing. There is a model of LG Surround system that actually has an IR GaNi part and a Vacuum state part in it??? Interesting... :spin:

Attachments

• F7T1-nodes-VI.asc-soln.jpg
    F7T1-nodes-VI.asc-soln.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 1,215
  • F7T2-nodes-VI.asc-soln.jpg
    F7T2-nodes-VI.asc-soln.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 1,165
  • F7T3-nodes-VI.asc-soln.jpg
    F7T3-nodes-VI.asc-soln.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 1,148
The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I have figured out the equations for the 3 circuit topologies shown in post #269 http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pass-labs/275921-first-watt-f7-review-27.html#post4565114. In all cases the solution is that which makes the output insensitive to the load resistance, i.e. infinite damping factor. These equations are simple enough that the topologies can be compared.

Most excellent. In what appears appears to be your copious free time, you
might want to take a look at the inverting amplifier case as well, as I found
it the simplest.

:cool:

Can you please explain what Rint and R1 actually are ie: what values they are.

Rint is the internal resistance of amplifier, and gm is is its transconductance. In my earlier posts I was incorrectly using a voltage=>voltage amplifier model, where Rint is necessary parameter to characterize its behavior. With the correct Voltage => current model, gm incorporates the output MOSFET transconductance and internal resistance model into a single gm parameter.

R1 is an free parameter in the design for use both as a gate-stopper to the JFETs and to tune the -3dB rolloff of the amplifier.