Finally, an affordable CD Transport: the Shigaclone story

Lifting the PiTbull doghouse is from now-on a 2 man job...here it is in his (final) place.....:santa2:

The Tunami is still a bit too long but I will take care of that afterwards

Attachments

• inplace.jpg
    inplace.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 1,128
And PLAYING...

I must say first impressions are very promissing...the extra psu and all the new primary windings and the extreme shielding of all the trafo''s deliver an incredible clean sound with very dynamic outburst micro-macro with an inbelievable ease....clearly an extra bonus to an already beautiful soundscape.... :deer:

Attachments

• nextto.jpg
    nextto.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 1,224
Clock has a psu (blackgates)and sup reg

Board has a psu (blackgates) and sup reg

AT&T (outputboard) has a psu (non polarized blackgates) and sup reg

Motors have a psu (blackgates)

Display and Laser Led have a psu
(blackgates...... and don't ask me why)

So 5 PSU's and 3 ALWSR sup regs..

Definitely not to contradict Peter but in my believe and my set-up I notice a difference by adding PSU's.
The difference was for the better...everything is done by ear...and again it is all done in my set-up only...so you have to go and figure it out for yourself...

Ps
Weight I do not know but let's say it stands firm....

:xmastree: :frosty:

Erik van Voorst said:
Clock has a psu (blackgates)and sup reg

Board has a psu (blackgates) and sup reg

AT&T (outputboard) has a psu (non polarized blackgates) and sup reg

Motors have a psu (blackgates)

Display and Laser Led have a psu
(blackgates...... and don't ask me why)

So 5 PSU's and 3 ALWSR sup regs..

Definitely not to contradict Peter but in my believe and my set-up I notice a difference by adding PSU's.
The difference was for the better...everything is done by ear...and again it is all done in my set-up only...so you have to go and figure it out for yourself...

Ps
Weight I do not know but let's say it stands firm....

:xmastree: :frosty:

I use currently 3 PSUs (preregs) and 3 simple regs based on LT (this setup is very sensitive on preregs output caps) , ALWSRs are on the way, and thinking to replace PSUs with accumulators. Just tried a small 9V battery instead of board PSU and prereg, and must say the result is very promissing - the cleanest treble I ever had.

I would like to try to make a transport too
are there any preference for ez31 or ez51
do I get correctly
1. I disassemble all and take the drive, pcb, display
2. I make a supply from 12-0-12 transformer with two MSR 860 and filter caps
3. take an digital output from pcb to my dac

I don't know from which point I have to get dig out

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Guiness said:
Found this - not sure if they actually have them or not though.

http://www.zellers.com/stores/shop/product/en/zellers/10001/54137963/54137963

If anyone in CA is nice enough to buy an extra one and ship it to USA for me.... Shoot me an email.

Thanks

Very good find. It appears all these stores local to me have lots in stock. I have shipped lots of these south of the border but unfortunately I got burned for payment on one so I'm out of the shipping business. Anybody seen Ronnie Cosettie around these forums?

Regards,
Dan :mad:

Hi everybody!
I have been introduced to this great project week ago or so by Mr. Sparkle member of this forum.
Well, after quick exploring next day I have found myself in local shop and lucky enough, found there last piece of 31's.

Continuing to explore this huge thread and working on my example simultanously, today I decided to share bit of my progress as well few tricks someone may find helpful.

Now comes harder part. Not sure if posting photos will work.... let see.

1. The base plate (Alu plate 6mm thick 135mmx19mm). Plate is mounted on top side of the drive:

Attachments

• upside.jpg
    upside.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 1,116