• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Fastron Inductor Group Buy for JG Filter Buffer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2002
Paid Member
a datapoint on inductor matching

Here's a quick datapoint on the ease of matching the Fastron inductors. I ordered an LC-100S inductance meter off of ebay for about $25 - a good value for the dollar. I'd previously ordered 4 Fastron inductors from Mouser for a JG style buffer. The meter showed up today and I did a quick measurement of the 4 inductors. Perhaps I got lucky but there were 2 good matched pairs in the 4 inductors that I was sent. One pair was 18mH +-0.02 while the second pair was 17.71mH +- 0.02. Since the chokes are only spec'd at 5% tolerance, both values fall within spec. The matching of the inductors seems very good even though there is some drift in the mean value.
---Gary

So we are now ready to take payment.

There is now one extra of each component included in the parts kit as suggested by EUVL, and we have allowed for a few extra inductors to ensure matching works out OK. I've gone for flat rate postage to simplify matters further. As I said before, any monies left over at the end will be donated to diyaudio - without which we would not be getting any of this stuff.

Please visit the spreadsheet (link in my sig) to see your personal total amount. Please send your payment to my paypal (francis dot morrin at gmail dot com) and make sure to include your DIYAUDIO USERNAME, NAME AND POSTAL ADDRESS. That last bit is very important!!!!! I'll update the spreadsheet regularly.

I haven't offered a tracking postal service. If anyone needs this service, please shoot me a mail/pm so I can figure out the cost.

Fran

Hi Fran (woodturner), question: is that amount on the sheet already include paypal fee? or should be nett payment? Thanks, David

Already includes the charges David (ie no need for "gift" payment)

Thanks to everyone who has paid so far - please check the spreadsheet in case of errors.

2 reminders guys:

1. Please include your diyaudio username (tough to figure out who someone is from an email address sometimes)

2. Payment is in euros, not dollars

Cheers!!!

Fran

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.