F6 Amplifier

Too many variables, as Ilquam says. Perhaps everyone thinks mosfets sound better, but they are a higher distorting part than SS, so perhaps folks like distortion. I do. You can play with sonic signature of these amps too much to do side by side comparison. Only way to know for sure is to build two amp using same circuit topology, equalized to same measurement specs, and then compare.
Some folks say Accuton are cold and clinical. Go figure.:scratch:
Beauty of diy, build what you like and don't worry about it.

Last edited:
Joined 2009
Paid Member
I was comparing AJ to J2 (clones) yesterday on speakers with accuton drivers. As clean as you can go, j2 just don't have that extended top. If it is air or sparkle :). Oh trust me, now I know smth about speakers... Apparently more than about amps :)))

an my desperate contribution……

the original J2 was full of sparkle, clarity and space…..

and you know what is coming …… :)

all my J2 clones not.

It is Nelsons skill to play with the parameters.

sorry no new insight….

:D:D

PKI

Joined 2011
Paid Member
Buzz, don't be so defensive I like them all, just curious :)
Now my turn to be defensive :p :-D. I will load a truck full of my speakers someday and stop by beautiful Burlington, so you can see how they sound :).
About accutons, I thought that way as well and heard many adjectives, but clean is clean. They are absolutely amazing. Even if you prefer other sound, they are still amazing :)

Generg, I got a better soundcard, so finally will measure something :)

If I came across as defensive, I did not mean to. One thing I have learned for sure is that there a vexing number of variables when building these things. Unless fully equipped with knowledge, gear, and experience, you always run into a wall eventually. i have found that just having well matched channels can greatly affect the overall sound. My new secret to success comes down to simple procedure. Couple beers, couple glasses of wine, or couple drinks, and they all sound wonderful:clown: