• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

F5T Premium kit GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

PKI

Joined 2011
Paid Member
RdK 845 - V3 (2) , PSU (2) - Yes
RusselC - V2, PSU - Yes
Dane - V2, PSU - Yes
mkoerner - V2 (2), V3 (1)
mordikai - V2 (2), PSU - yes
mordikai - V3 (2), PSU - yes
sts9fan - V3, PSU - yes
Naturlyd - V2 (2), V3 (2), PSU - yes
Wijgers - V2, PSU - no
SRMcGee - V3, PSU - yes
skunark - V3, PSU - yes
Tytte71 - V3, PSU - yes
Bugzbunny - V3 (2), PSU - Yes
Kvorning- V3(2), PSU -Yes
wjh - V2, PSU - yes
backefel - V2, PSU -yes
Lo_Tse - V3, PSU - no
RKH - V3, PSU - yes
fudce - V3, PSU - yes
PKI - V2, PSU - no

Buzz,

thanks for initiating this.

As an interested late-comer, I have the same question as mortron:
- This page states that "For stereo V3, you will need two quads of the FQA fets. You will also need 20 of the diodes. I have kept these seperate formthe kits ... The kits will haev all that you need except intangables like RCA jacks, binding post, IEC outlets". So I'm not really clear, are the FQA fets and diodes separate from the kits, or supplemental supply in addition to the kits? If they're separate, how many would I need for a V1?
- The same page states that "THe kit includes the components, not the boards. They will be added for those who want them". I don't see where on the spreadsheet to sign up for these?
- And is there a column I could fill in on the sheet if I additionally wanted the F5 (non-turbo) bits which are distinct from the v1 turbo ones so I could try both configurations?
- Lastly, this page states that "I added a colunm to GB list. I should have appx prices later today". I'm not seeing the price column: what am I missing?

OK, reading a little further through the thread:
- This page refers to a separate thread for a Tea Bag boards group buy, and that thread states that "These boards are sold!!!" as of Dec 13th; so looks like we'd be on our own to source the boards. From other threads I've seen, component fit must be considered, so does it make sense to commit to components prior to sourcing boards?
- Also, from the threads I've seen one of the biggest sourcing issues seems to be the heat-sinks: any suggestions on sources for those?

In posr 262, you see the list of names and the individual choices they have made. The kit prices have been posted. The psu board prices will be posted later tonight. The main boards can be purchased from the store ot TeaBag. The PSU boards will be gotten from Tea as they are the best available option for this amp. As for the fets, when the you pay for the kits, you can get the fets. Ill let you know exactly what you need and what your options are. Dont worry about any other list than the one above, simply contact me with questions.

In posr 262, you see the list of names and the individual choices they have made. The kit prices have been posted. The psu board prices will be posted later tonight. The main boards can be purchased from the store ot TeaBag. The PSU boards will be gotten from Tea as they are the best available option for this amp. As for the fets, when the you pay for the kits, you can get the fets. Ill let you know exactly what you need and what your options are. Dont worry about any other list than the one above, simply contact me with questions.

I am just interested one V1 Standard Kit with the single PSU for the one amp naturally. Do I PM to be added to the list? Or is my addition to the Google Doc all that is needed for now? Sorry I am a little dense... studying for exams doesn't leave much room for common sense thinking at the moment :p

For benefit of others, have read through the full thread and brought together answers to some of my earlier questions here; turns out this thread encompasses two group buys with different processes:
- Sign-up changed from original spreadsheet to incremented post.
- Pricing for main board only is "V3 - $120, V2 - $75"...if you want PSU as well, that's additional and must be specified; V1 pricing presumably < $75.
- Kit pricing does not include MOSFETS and diodes; specify if you want these
- Recommended heatsinks for v2 nclude Heatsink USA and ideally Conrad flanged heatsink

Updated List

In accord with process for in-thread post list, and explicit fets and diodes request, here is updated request including mine:
RusselC - V2, PSU - Yes
Dane - V2, PSU - Yes
sts9fan - V3, PSU - yes
Wijgers - V2, PSU - no
SRMcGee - V3, PSU - yes
skunark - V3, PSU - yes
Tytte71 - V3, PSU - yes
wjh - V2, PSU - yes
backefel - V2, PSU -yes
Lo_Tse - V3, PSU - no
RKH - V3, PSU - yes
fudce - V3, PSU - yes
PKI - V2, PSU - no
theguy - V1, PSU - yes, FETS & diodes - yes

Based on Buzz response, looks like I'd buy board separately from Tea Bag when he has them available.

Theguy,
thank you for the condensed info. Mortron, there is no standard kit, just premium. The cost is $75 for main board components. PSU is seperate and must be spcified as "theguy" did above. I will contact all participants individually,so any concerns can be addressed then. Just got back from birthday party. Pricelist should be up shortly, when i gsther my scattered brain. Tanks for your patience.

I am suggesting TeaBag's boards as the best option for the PSU. THey are inexpensive and good quality and can hold the amount of caps we need. They are $22 each. V1/2 will need a single board. V3 will need 2. I am putting them as a line item just to show a Total
His boards are designed to mount to either the case bottom or a heatsink along both edges. I will include a pic. THey also have dual Graetz(bridge) setup vs a single. This requires more diodes, but result in better balance on the secondaries of your dual winding transformer.

V1/2 PSU

CAps - Panasonic TS-UP 50V 22,000uF(8) - $48
Vishay RS 10W wirewound resistor(4) - $8
CL 30 thermistor(2) - $2.50
CL 30 thermistor(1) - $1.25
Bridge(1) - $2.50

Total per PSU ($62.25)

V3 is simple
Double the quantity and cost

Total per PSU ($124.50)

Remember, Tea's boards will add $22 cost to V1/2 and $44 cost to V3

THe kits are $75 for V1/V2 and $125 for V3.

Edit: The fets and diodes are not included in the above prices. Forgive my poor communication. If you need either, just specify when i PM to collect he money.

Last edited:
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I am suggesting TeaBag's boards as the best option for the PSU. THey are inexpensive and good quality and can hold the amount of caps we need. They are $22 each. V1/2 will need a single board. V3 will need 2. I am putting them as a line item just to show a Total
His boards are designed to mount to either the case bottom or a heatsink along both edges. I will include a pic. THey also have dual Graetz(bridge) setup vs a single. This requires more diodes, but result in better balance on the secondaries of your dual winding transformer.

V1/2 PSU

CAps - Panasonic TS-UP 50V 22,000uF(8) - $48
Vishay RS 10W wirewound resistor(4) - $8
CL 30 thermistor(2) - $2.50
CL 30 thermistor(1) - $1.25
Bridge(1) - $2.50

Total per PSU ($62.25)

V3 is simple
Double the quantity and cost

Total per PSU ($124.50)

Remember, Tea's boards will add $22 cost to V1/2 and $44 cost to V3

THe kits are $75 for V1/V2 and $125 for V3.

So for a V-2, its 75.00 for your kit, 62.25 for the power supply parts, plus 22.00 for the power supply board, total of 99.25? ( plus I will need the F-5T boards when the store gets them?) This is what I want if so...do I have this right? How much does adding the fets and diodes cost?

Joined 2003
Paid Member
So for a V-2, its 75.00 for your kit, 62.25 for the power supply parts, plus 22.00 for the power supply board, total of 99.25? ( plus I will need the F-5T boards when the store gets them?) This is what I want if so...do I have this right? How much does adding the fets and diodes cost?

Whoops, erroneously entered "15.00" instead of "75.00" in my calculator!

Russellc

In an effort to better understand the available components, what else is required, and total pricing, I've put together this spreadsheet

One thing I was wondering about, buzzforb:
- why did you break out the three CL 30 thermistors into 2 separate line items?

While I was at it, I put in all the orders I was aware of, including bugzbunny's and russelc's late-breaking mosfet & diode requests, though I can't vouch for the accuracy of my transcription. The sheet automatically recalculates your cost as you change the info.

Corrections/additions appreciated: you should all have edit privileges

Last edited:
In an effort to better understand the available components, what else is required, and total pricing, I've put together this spreadsheet

One thing I was wondering about, buzzforb:
- why did you break out the three CL 30 thermistors into 2 separate line items?

While I was at it, I put in all the orders I was aware of, including bugzbunny's and russelc's late-breaking mosfet & diode requests, though I can't vouch for the accuracy of my transcription. The sheet automatically recalculates your cost as you change the info.

Corrections/additions appreciated: you should all have edit privileges

Am I missing something here? As per the spreadsheet, TeaBag is out of PSU boards and the diyAudio store does not/cannot have the F5t boards. How is one supposed to build the amps?

updated my psu status

RusselC - V2, PSU - Yes
Dane - V2, PSU - Yes
sts9fan - V3, PSU - yes
Wijgers - V2, PSU - no
SRMcGee - V3, PSU - yes
skunark - V3, PSU - yes
Tytte71 - V3, PSU - yes
wjh - V2, PSU - yes
backefel - V2, PSU -yes
Lo_Tse - V3, PSU - no
RKH - V3, PSU - no
fudce - V3, PSU - yes
PKI - V2, PSU - no

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.