F5 Turbo Circuit Boards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If you keep the diodes attached to the main heatsink, then I suggest you move them to between the FETs.
That lets you cut off the excess PCB to the left.

It also allows you to move the right hand pair of FETs closer to the middle of the PCB. This gets the 4 FETs on an equal spacing for more consistent Tc.

This could save 40 to 50mm of PCB length.

I think the diodes should be off the main heatsink.

Joined 2010
Paid Member
OK,

I've re-laid the board for F5 v3.
If you want to build an v2 just don't populate a pair of Power FETs per rail.
If you don't want to use the MUR3020's and know what your doing in regards to the Source Resistors; be my guest.
Cascaded 2SC4793 and 2SA1837 provided for as per v3 schematic.
They should also be used for a v2 to avoid operating the JFET's out of spec.

Comments and critisicms as always, appreciated

Andy

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Attachments

• BA2.jpg
    BA2.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 1,221
Joined 2010
Paid Member
Someone else can do the monoblock. My brain is fried!
JBL, I got you your two additional JFETs on board. I guess that could just be optional if somebody didn't want them.

I'm off to work away for a few days so I won't be able to edit board layouts sgain until Friday, but I'll keep an eye on the thread.

Best Regards

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Thank you for the work. To do it best the input jfets need to be thermally coupled. So the all need to sit together somehow. Looks difficult with the current layout. Hmmm as said I have no idea about pcb design.

JBL,

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I would have thought that as long as Q1 and Q2 are thermally coupled then that should be enough as the other pair are in parallel.

Can somebody explain to what the advantage of paralleling these devices is?

Will there not be an effect on the input impedance?

Andy

OK,

I've re-laid the board for F5 v3.
If you want to build an v2 just don't populate a pair of Power FETs per rail.
If you don't want to use the MUR3020's and know what your doing in regards to the Source Resistors; be my guest.
Cascaded 2SC4793 and 2SA1837 provided for as per v3 schematic.
They should also be used for a v2 to avoid operating the JFET's out of spec.

Comments and critisicms as always, appreciated

Andy

Someone else can do the monoblock. My brain is fried!
JBL, I got you your two additional JFETs on board. I guess that could just be optional if somebody didn't want them.

I'm off to work away for a few days so I won't be able to edit board layouts sgain until Friday, but I'll keep an eye on the thread.

Best Regards

Fantastic V3 :) ..........

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.