F5 Turbo Circuit Boards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Hi there :)

I am thinking of finally building the F5T Based on the convertible boards by tea bag.

No cascoding, just the basic version.

I can see there are several versions of BOM available on the diyaudio store web site. And there is no dedeicated BOM for the convertible boards.

So a question (don't beat me) is what BOM can be used, the one from the diyadio store, or there is some modified version out here for these set of boards :) why not.

The BOM would depend on level of board V1, Turbo, V2, V3 etc. It can all be done on the one board with some "dissapation limitations". For v1-v2, just need to jumper out the cascode section.

Hi Tea-bag

Thank you.

Sorry I did not mention, I am doing a V2 version

Earthquake, I think the forum is for everyone, but definitely if person is asking the same questions all the time without learning it is just a sign that the person prefers others to do the Job))

I understand that I did not provide enough details pm my project and as Andrew is usually looking after non standard cases he treated mine as one.

That's all right

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

If building an F5T, the bias limit is determined by the diodes Vf. If you want to increase or lower bias, you must also change the source resistor values. If not using diodes, it is a non issue.

Are you meaning that the usual bias adjustment pots do not work ? or that if you want to increase bias beyond set point one much change the resistors ?

The bias pots work normally.
They change the voltage drop across the drain load resistance.
That drain load voltage drop (Rvdrop) equals the output stage bias voltage.
Rvdrop = Vgs+Vrs
You change Vrs (and the output bias current) by changing the Rvdrop and that is done by adjusting the pot.

F5 Turbo v2 amplifier board

Hi,

I am building F5 Turbo V2 and looking for a board, earlier i thought of making one by myself but seems like there are lot of issue and i don't possess that kind of knowledge with electronics, circuit topology.

I am looking for all components on one board solution that spreads along the heatsink.

1. Found one on ebay(jims audio), can someone please post their review if they have made, witnessed successful build. Also i have already purchased parts, how much does it deviate from F5 Turbo V2 article in terms of components?

2. In this thread i believe the initial board was all components on one board then later they split it up ?
There is one from UKToecutter and one from Teabag
Can you please point me to where i can get single board V2 version of F5 Turbo?

Thankyou

I thought the DIYaudio shop stocked the F5 and variants PCBs.
What support would you expect from Jim's?
What support would you expect from DIYaudio?
Compare the two and see which is better value.

Hi Andrew

I am looking for this, post#41 in this thread. Is this available somewhere?
The one in store doesn't meet what i am looking for(Its multiple boards each channel, i need one board one channel).
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pass-labs/206756-f5-turbo-circuit-boards-5.html#post2904507

Last edited:
oooh yes. no doubt about it:)
and i just got a revulation on how i can build my V3's:)
i have 2 1000VA 2*40V trafos. but i got 50V caps for the V3:(
i also have 12 pc 68.000uF 63V caps. but they are too tall.(6"sinks)
my answer is: use the 1000VA 2*40V trafos. build a box under the sinks that around 4cm. covered by the front:) then i can get the 68.000uF caps in. up side down and hide the wireing:) now we are talking:D 2.5-2.6A bias and +/-52V supply:D
thats a TURBO:D:D

BTW: i had a price check. if i ordered fisher sinks( from germany) the price will be 2000USD inkl shipping. the heatsink USA sinks cost me 800USD:D
and thats all the way over to norway:) about 400USD in shipping.
Hi Audiosan,
on your post dated on 28th August 2012, you mentioned that your were going to use for f5 turbo , a voltage rail of +/- 52 v.
I have almost the same transformer as yours. Mine has a 37 v sec.
Can you inform me , what changes did you do from the original Nelson diagram?
Thank you for help,
Peter

Box for F5T monos

Attachments

• 14870571119771839861886.jpg
    14870571119771839861886.jpg
    912.5 KB · Views: 442
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.