F5 components, parts you use

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Components for F5

*Moderator note: Steve has asked that you see post #94 for an updated list so the link has been removed from this post.

Hi

I have spent hours comparing the technical specs and prices of components for my F5 project. I have attached a copy of my bill of materials to this post which maybe of interest to others who are starting out like I am.

Can I ask for members views on PSU caps? On the RS components site I have the choice of a Vishay 101 PHR, 15,000uf cap or a BHC ALS30, the BHC has a higher ripple and leakage current than the Vishay and a longer life. Both similar prices. Based on the datasheets which one should I go for?

Trimpot P3

Hello,

I have the cviller F5c 2.0 boards and wondering if anyone tried adding the P3 (rev1) trimpot. Looks like not much space where it needs to fit...

Thanks

Attachments

• f5c_BOTH_LAYERS.jpg
    f5c_BOTH_LAYERS.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 365
P3 has nothing to do with bias or DC offset:)
I'm sorry, I thought you were talking about P1 and P2.
Just yesterday I had to re-bias my F5 for the summer period. Heatsink temperature was around 70 Cº !! I had to bias it to around .350mV on each resistor (instead of the "default" 0.600mV) in order to keep the heatsinks below 60 ºC. Madrid's peak temperatures may easily reach 40ºC :eek:

The pot P3 idea is nice... Especially if there is no space for it on the board.
Otherwise, the Bourns 3296P should be nice too. Depending on how you mount the boards though...

By the way, if heat is not a problem, what is considered the max bias that the 3W stock components can handle?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.