F5 components, parts you use

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2003
Paid Member
That is correct. It's just one of the things that makes this amp so great in my opinion.

In most cases, you wouldn't need to match N or P-ch mosfets to the other channel.
But, I bet some of the perfectionist here do anyway! ;)

I dont know if I'm a perfectionist, but I like them all matched...understood they dont have to be in the particular channel...but I like the two channels to be the same, the only way I know to have them match, is to get all four mosfets matched!:eek:

Russellc

About the same dimensions but these being clone boards the layout is a bit different.

full

full

Wondering if these PCBs are available to obtain. I like them.

Tech diy not sourcing anymore

Earlier today I got a refund from tech diy.com for the order I put in for 2 f5 kits. It seems it is getting closed.

Now I need to find out where I can get these parts from.

Also need to source thermistor, capacitors and resistors for the power supply board.

As I live in India, it is better for me to get all the items from one place so that i need not pay duplicate or triplicate shipping charges. I am not sure if it is possible to get all teh items from one online place.

Is it fair to say I can go use the bom described in the blog described below for the double output mosfet version of the f5 build

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/blogs/cviller/191-gb-f5-guide-pcb-version-2.html

Do you know of any place where I can source the parts from.

Thanks
Pandu

Earlier today I got a refund from tech diy.com for the order I put in for 2 f5 kits. It seems it is getting closed.

Now I need to find out where I can get these parts from.

Also need to source thermistor, capacitors and resistors for the power supply board.

As I live in India, it is better for me to get all the items from one place so that i need not pay duplicate or triplicate shipping charges. I am not sure if it is possible to get all teh items from one online place.

Is it fair to say I can go use the bom described in the blog described below for the double output mosfet version of the f5 build

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/blogs/cviller/191-gb-f5-guide-pcb-version-2.html

Do you know of any place where I can source the parts from.

Thanks
Pandu

i don't know of one stop anymore. but 2stop. you can get transistor pack from h_a in here. and eveything else from mouser.com. just done it my self.
ex. carbon resistors. i got them from hifi-collective. but you dont need carbon:)

parts where to source from

Build Pass f5 with dual outputs.

1. Transistor kit from h_a
2. Resistors, thermistors, pots. Not sure where to source from. Let me know a single place where i can source these items from
3. Capacitors. Not sure
4. Heat sinks. Found a place here in india.
5. Toroids . Not gone there yet.

One other question is BOM for standard F5 and dual outputs F5 is same except the output mosfets.

What this means is only the output mosfets are connected in parallel to the standard ones.

Also does the rating of the resistors or any other parts need to increase due to the increased current because of the dual outputs. I dont see that mentioned anywhere. I guess this is thought of but just checking from my side.

Also for the pCB, dont we need thermistor(s). I dont see people talking about it much in this forum.

Thanks
Pandu

substitutes for these resistors in mouser.com

Following resistors not available in mouser. Need substitutes. dont understand specifications in detail. Not sure about tolerance.

P.47W-3bk-ND .47ohm 3W
CMF1.00KHFCT-ND 1k ohm
CMF2.20KHFCT-ND 2.2K ohm
CMF22.0KHFCT-ND 22k ohm
CMF33.0KHFCT-ND 33K ohm
CMF47.0HFCT-ND 47ohm

I see sum substitutes which are 1% tolerant and some others are 5% tolerant.

Let me know which ones to pick.

Those are digikey part numbers. You will probably find the same parts from mouser if you search for Dale CMF resistors. Of course you can also order all the parts from digikey. I think they ship worldwide for free if the sum of the order exceeds ~60 €.

I would also try to find the toroids a bit closer to India (wonder what the shipping is from toroidy.pl?), as shipping heavy packages from the states (Antek) can be expensive. For example to Finland the shipping of three toroids (Plitron) would have cost more than the toroids themselves.

Last edited:
Those are digikey part numbers. You will probably find the same parts from mouser if you search for Dale CMF resistors. Of course you can also order all the parts from digikey. I think they ship worldwide for free if the sum of the order exceeds ~60 €.

I would also try to find the toroids a bit closer to India (wonder what the shipping is from toroidy.pl?), as shipping heavy packages from the states (Antek) can be expensive. For example to Finland the shipping of three toroids (Plitron) would have cost more than the toroids themselves.

True,

Toroids will be made in india. I will search thru digikey

Let me find out.

Thanks
pandu

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.