F4 power amplifier

jacco vermeulen said:
Some folks actually understand what i'm saying ?

(coming saturday Ayayayay is cooking for 20, so Maitre-J would be OK. They're all in the Med. bizz, good chance they will all survive, but fingers crossed just the same. Overhere i have the Renfield syndrome for the one and only Masta)

nah, I couldn't understand you, it was the Tom Waits reference that clued me in :)

I included the Bruges Carillon poster in the background for you crazy Euros... Next time perhaps I'll include a nice cold Sterkens instead :)

Bubba,

My advice to you is to remove your amp out of your metal chassis and find out if the hum is still there. I think your chassis is the one making the hum effect on you amp. It's a ground loop created in there. It won't hurt just to try.

Attachments

• f4 chassis.jpg
    f4 chassis.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 717
jacco vermeulen said:
The irony, a whole lot of power amps used to be built using aluminum panels on steel space-frame works.
Just take the Cello Duet that's in the spot lights again today, for an example.

(but i'm just a drunk, hooked on Tequila and salt, the Mariachi Ayayayay lyrics give me away every time)

dang, I could have just used the standoffs as "wires" between the boards. Why didn't you mention this before?

Heatsink ? for DIY F4XXX

Nelson, (or anyone else that wants to chime in)

You were gracious enough to gift me with 4 F Series heatsinks at BA 07. I will finally have time and money to commence the build this month. I am wondering if I orient all 4 heatsinks 90 degrees from each other for an aleph style enclosure, (with a MUCH different look), will the heatsinking be adequate to include all 4 channels for 2x100w monoblocks inside the same chassis? The PS will be outboard so that I can tap it for any Fx amplifier.

Thank you all for your time,

Chris

p.s. No wisecracks about it not REALLY being monoblocks if they are in the same box. This forum is full of good humor like this.

Re: Heatsink ? for DIY F4XXX

chrismercurio said:
Nelson, (or anyone else that wants to chime in)

You were gracious enough to gift me with 4 F Series heatsinks at BA 07. I will finally have time and money to commence the build this month. I am wondering if I orient all 4 heatsinks 90 degrees from each other for an aleph style enclosure, (with a MUCH different look), will the heatsinking be adequate to include all 4 channels for 2x100w monoblocks inside the same chassis? The PS will be outboard so that I can tap it for any Fx amplifier.

Thank you all for your time,

Chris

Horizontal or vertical fins?

Magura :)