F4 power amplifier

Customs would skin me with their usual 43.5% nazee-you tax the moment i cross the line with those monsters.
Only way to get them across clean is to buy a vehicle in the US again and pray they're not in the mood to admire the upholstery of the trunk.

But no one would check my pockets, i could stare at a set of pyjamas that's pinned on the wall for years on end, while i listen to my Akai set.

jacco vermeulen said:
At a little over 13W of dissipation each, i've been a bit surprised as yet no one has posted IRF630/9630.

I've used Fairchild's TO220 for the A75 (shivers, that's fifteen help me gawd years ago), "papa's got the same die in a brand new pig bag" as the intended IRF230-9230/31 TO3 combo for Pyjama-P and Spaced-Out Normy's amp.
630/9630s are like 25cts each nowadays.

I'm using the IRF630/9630. They sound great!:) Very affordable.

jacco vermeulen said:

Say what, i didn't quite get the "matched" part ?
Alexi, bite him.

Well, I seem to have had a senior moment. Those are IRF244, and for the matched part, take a look at the handwriting :D

Magura :)

Attachments

• pict0129.jpg
    pict0129.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 835
i took a heatsink off while it was on and swung it way out of the way--no difference.i'm thinking i need to look at the power supply here is a pic of the board.the 2 black jumpers tie the ground rails together and there are two jumpers underneath that go from + to + on the caps(and - to - on the negative supply with + going to the ground rails of the board) i have + and - 24 volts dc---everything measures fine voltage wise and the amp sounds maaavalous just got hummmm :(

Attachments

• dsc01516.jpg
    dsc01516.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 674
Or disconnect the labyrinth boards and try a simple lytic bank with a few wires to see if the CRC mumbo-jumbo is causing the hardships.

(might have been wiser to jumper the CRC boards at the front and the back instead of playing crossroads. Tom Waits in the Fisher King : Whoop, Whoop, now boarding for the Ground Loop Express)