F4 Beast Builders

Juan from Spain is just too building an F4 beast and he used one of "my" circuits. And he run into some problems due to my not full description what I did.
Hi all. This is a very nice project. Thanks a lot Gerd. Error was mine for do not look that detail of your schematic. I am using full front end from sony 2 article. It works very well (only I have 20db of gain instead 26db as article said).
I hope have it working very soon...

Thank you all

Juan Antonio

Attachments

• all.jpg
    all.jpg
    865.8 KB · Views: 416
  • 20170129_190117_resized.jpg
    20170129_190117_resized.jpg
    662.1 KB · Views: 411
  • Sony2 Front end.jpg
    Sony2 Front end.jpg
    906.2 KB · Views: 406
Yes it is race..... the cars are named Jeff, Lynn and Gerd and suddenly in a corner a car with the inscription Juan appeared..... ****!

:D:D:D

My car was initially in the race, although it is now having engine trouble...

(not much time away from work at the moment)

My eventual plan is to use the TO-264 parts instead of the hockey pucks. According to the datasheet, they enjoy the same thermal resistance, although I am suspicious due to the difference in contact area with the heatsink. I intend to use the 40P50P and 40N90P since the higher transconductance of the P-channel part vs. the N-channel should give the negative phase second harmonic we are after.

Hi all. I am not in the race.. only contribute something. I have fixed errors and later a few time looking how is thermal derive, I have adjusted for getting around 1.6A, more or less stable, without smoke or flames. It is possible do it. Attached are some photos. But I have not measure harmonics yet. Before this only want to check if works or not (smoke or flames).
I have not get nice numbers you have obtained. Maybe because I only select ixys using vgs (I have not time for using a curve tracer and get transconductance of toshibas or ixys). My distortion level is 0.11% at 1W 8ohm and 0.36% at full power. These numbers are only numbers because I need measure for harmonics set, but not today.
Best Regards all

Attachments

• 20khz square wave.jpg
    20khz square wave.jpg
    242.3 KB · Views: 181
  • both pcbs.jpg
    both pcbs.jpg
    227.3 KB · Views: 179
  • totaldistortion at full power.jpg
    totaldistortion at full power.jpg
    263.2 KB · Views: 147
  • power rails.jpg
    power rails.jpg
    207.3 KB · Views: 150
  • all together.jpg
    all together.jpg
    240 KB · Views: 147
  • full power before clipping.jpg
    full power before clipping.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 329
  • dc_offset.jpg
    dc_offset.jpg
    223.3 KB · Views: 147
Thanks for taking the measurements Jama. I'm surprised at the rounding of the leading edge at 20KHz I would have thought the low output impedance of the front end would have negated the high input capacitance of the hockey pucks but obviously not.
We are building amplifiers here so how does it sound more importantly?