• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

F3 and F4 Clone PCB Reissue group buy, also F5 PCBs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I always like to build my amps slightly different than commonly accepted methods, there were also reasons why the pcb was designed in that particular way. ;)

It is one channel only, the caps in a back were afterthought as I originally planned to have them separately, together with transformer and bridges.

The resistors on PS board are part of passive filtering, I will have them here too, but they will be p2p wired.

Getting ready to close the amp.

Attachments

• cap4.jpg
    cap4.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 981
Reason for the spacer between outputs

and the main heat sink?

Was this done for ease of packaging or do you think it assists in transferring heat?

I know you placed lengths of aluminum on top of some of the chip amps but I have not noticed you having done this before?

Would you explain?

Are you using mica for insulation?

Thanks, yet, again,

Rick McInnis

Re: Reason for the spacer between outputs

rigma said:
Do you like the binding post is the above photo better than the other Cardas?

Those are the best binding posts I've been using, easy to solder too.

rickmcinnis said:
and the main heat sink?

Are you using mica for insulation?

That is a main heatsink. The size is approx 11x5 and it's one heatsink per output device. I'm using beryllium oxide pads, those are discontinued now but Mouser should have similar product with aluminum oxide: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=1494970&highlight=#post1494970

Attachments

• caps5.jpg
    caps5.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 947
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.