• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

F3 and F4 Clone PCB Reissue group buy, also F5 PCBs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Peter Daniel said:
Thanks Fran.

F4 PS board will also work with F3; you just need to reverse wires from bridges and install caps accordingly.

Hey Peter, sorry ask this offtopic question but wich are the thickness of the aluminium that you use in your proyects?

how you cut it? have some thread where you talk abt how works with that alu?

Thanks in advance

I am going to purchase F5 kit from tech-diy to use with Peters pcbs
they got two sets - F5/FAIRCHILD Kit for Q3 and Q4 and - F5/VISHAY-IRF Kit
what do you recommend to use for better sound
also Is It the only problem with these pcbs the radial power transistor and bending the trim-pots

samoloko said:
I am going to purchase F5 kit from tech-diy to use with Peters pcbs
they got two sets - F5/FAIRCHILD Kit for Q3 and Q4 and - F5/VISHAY-IRF Kit
what do you recommend to use for better sound
also Is It the only problem with these pcbs the radial power transistor and bending the trim-pots

Mr. Pass uses the Fairchild parts as the IRFP9240 suffers from some distortion in this application (however others have noted that it's not severe or even noticeable in most cases).

As far as I know these are the only problems with the tech-diy kit.

-j

samoloko said:

The radial resistors should fit, as well larger power resistors. The trimpots should have pins in line, but it's very easy to modify.

Attachments

• pins.jpg
    pins.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 592
chrismercurio said:
I know the F3 supply is slightly different. Can the F4/5 supply run the F3?

The only difference between those PS boards is that one is symmetrical (F4/F5) the other dual positive (F3). If you don't use resistors between the caps (for CRC filtering), it doesn't make any difference.

If you want to use those resistors, for the negative supply, you would need to swap wires from the bridges, install caps for opposite polarity so the resistors would be now in positive "leg" of the negative supply.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.