• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

F1 Group Buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2003
Paid Member
At this point, the boards aren't really important. Dave hasn't been online for 7 days. I am a little concerned for his well-being; for a guy who is usually peeking in here daily, this is definitely odd. I would think its possible that someone on this board has had personal contact with him in the past. Does someone have a phone number or an alternative way to contact him, just to see if he's OK?

woody said:
I am sort of concerned that something has hapened to him.
Has anyone here heard anything from him?
I, like a lot of people, am concerned about David. Is it possible for anyone to get an address or anything to help get in touch with him?

I have thought long and hard about the next part of the email and I apologize in advance if this upsets anyone - but if we hear nothing from David for a while would people be prepared to take part in another GB for the F1 boards? For making the suggestion I would be prepared to setup and control the GB.

If people are against the suggestion then I will withdraw it immediately.

Written with the best intentions

Alan

cfcubed said:
Whois comes in handy sometimes...

I had this idea also. Unfortunately all data links to the domain hoster, for example just do a google search for the phone number.

Maybe David participated in another group buy before, so someone who sent something to him could still have his address hidden somewhere in his e-mailbox. Maybe a new thread in the group buy forum could help to draw attention of members not involved in this F1 GB. Of course the address should not be publicly posted if someone finds it somewhere.

Greetings,
Chris

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.