• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

ES9023 / WM8804 S/PDIF "Subbu DAC V3" GB Interest

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all

For those interested, I've got some assembled & tested version available:
1° - V3 Beta with I2S/UFL pads (no UFL soldered) + SPDIF section populated + PSU (220v)
2° - V3 board with BlackGate (F) 10uF at C21 (mods included) + PSU (220v)
3° - V2.6 board with BlackGate (F) 10uF at C21 (V3 mods included) + PSU (220v)
PM for details

-> I've asked Subbu & Jean-Paul for a second run, waiting for their answer.

Regards

Phil

I correct my mistake :) . Sorry it's my first post in this forum. But I already stand many hours reading lot of threads in this fantastic forum. This is like a bible, most of the time you don't need to ask something but just search for the answer.

I was searching for a diy DAC at low price since few month. I think I find exactly what I want.

A simple question, if I want to put an USB input, I just have to find a USB to spdif converter?

Last edited:
Hi all

I've got some assembled & tested version available:
1° - 1 x V3 Beta : I2S with UFL pads (no UFL soldered) & SPDIF populated + PSU (220v)
2° - 1 x V3 board : BlackGate (F) 10uF at C21 (mods included) + PSU (220v)
PM for details

Regards

Phil

Last edited:
A simple question, if I want to put an USB input, I just have to find a USB to spdif converter?

Hi jacorius,

You need : 1 x USB to I2S stick (i.e Amanero) + connect the 3 x I2S wires form the USB stick to the DAC board & Gnd (S/G/S/G/S/G).
FYI : I've got a fully assembled/tested V3 "Beta" PCB with UFL pads for I2S stream + 1 x Amanero Isolator assembled/tested.

Regards

Phil

Last edited:
Hi jacorius,

You need : 1 x USB to I2S stick (i.e Amanero) + connect the 3 x I2S wires form the USB stick to the DAC board & Gnd (S/G/S/G/S/G).
FYI : I've got a fully assembled/tested V3 "Beta" PCB with UFL pads for I2S stream + 1 x Amanero Isolator assembled/tested.

Regards

Phil

Thank you for your answer. I was not sure it was possible from I2S sources like amanero.

Last edited:
Hi

I've got informations from Subbu.
PCBs are available in limited quantity : 50 units of each DAC & PSU.
DAC PCB are pre or final version (Q2 footprint differs and some marking too).
Prices will be slightly higher vs previous GB.

So, I'll link in the afternoon a Google request form for orders.

Regards

Phil

Link to Google Order form :
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/17NVapTxD83vWXvx3OXpxgc-gJxTpLAt7SqwKMc7_zY8/viewform?usp=send_form

Parts are "Premium", they are selected according to DIYer's experience :
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital-line-level/246003-modifying-subbu-v3-dac.html
C17 - 1uf X7R MLCC Ceramic capacitor
C22 - 470uf 6.3v Panasonic SEPC 6SEPC470
C32 - 1uf Wima MKS2 (LS 2.5mm)
C4 - 1uf Wima MKS2 (LS 5mm)
C8/13/21 - 10uF/25V Panasonic SEPM (Polymer)

I'll add tomorrow another link for those who want Assembly Service.

Quantity is limited to 50 units of each PCB.

Regards

Phil

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.