• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

EnABL kit

Hello Ed,
I'll be glad to snatch one of the kits but I have couple of questions before you enter me in the queue.

I'm planning on applying this kit to the pair of 15" drivers in about 6-10 months.

How large of a surface area does one kit cover?

Will the supplied brush be too small since it's probably an ideal size for ~6-8" drivers?

Will Poly still be good after 6-10 months or should I just order fresh kit later?

Thank you for your time and effort putting this together.

OTMOPO3OK posted:

How large of a surface area does one kit cover?

Maybe those with more experience can answer. I don't know as I've never added up the square inches.
1 ounce of gloss coat would be diluted with an equal part of distilled water, so you would have 2 ounces of material to work with. The treatment is used on the entire cone only if the driver's characteristics require it. This is an important point: You should gain some experience on lesser pedigree drivers before those cherished drivers are treated. Also consider that it would not be favorable to run out of material near the end of the treatment. Having an extra bottle is cheap insurance.

Will the supplied brush be too small since it's probably an ideal size for ~6-8" drivers?

There is no supplied brush. I leave that as a personal decision. The recommendation for a 3/8" flat brush may seem small, in light of the area you consider treating.

Will Poly still be good after 6-10 months or should I just order fresh kit later?

You're asking me? I have a closet full of unfinished projects. :D My recommendation would be to wait as you collect more information regarding the treatment of your drivers and buy the materials when you are ready. I have you on the list and will notify when materials become available.