Elliott Switchmode power supply PCB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

Attachments

• diode.gif
    diode.gif
    17.2 KB · Views: 684
Nice and Compact

I notice that there might be a clearance issue at the toroid's secondary leading to one rectifier. I know that it's easy to accidentally get copper bleed between traces when DIYing the boards. Also, some users may find that the output filter capacitors may not fit when packed together so closely.

Also, R10, R12, C14 and C15 on the secondary rails seem to be connected improperly. As it appears, the RC circuit is grounded between the R and C points. Shouldn't those be isolated from ground, series'ed and attached to the rails alone? For instance, R4 and C10 are connected properly...

I'm a little concerned about the GND connection point, too.

Re: Nice and Compact

EnvisionAudio said:
I notice that there might be a clearance issue at the toroid's secondary leading to one rectifier. I know that it's easy to accidentally get copper bleed between traces when DIYing the boards.

One of the best tidbits of advice I received was to use a GerberViewer to make sure that everything is at it appears. If you are doing a one-off you can fix the mylar with a xacto knife by scraping away the miscreant trace width -- but if you are sending out protypes for a couple hundred bucks you may get a dissapointment back when the FedX man shows up and two traces over-lap.

Free Gerberware Viewer -- search for "Penatlogix"

simple looking SMPS Post #15
Has anyone seen or tried building this stripped down version SMPS? It looks fairly straightforward. I've got to test it out, I just wouldn't mind hearing some feedback first! Especially on what would be an acceptable ferrite core toroid to use? I've got all the rest of the parts ready to go.

Copy and paste the link below into your browser address bar to see schematic, and then expand the diagram.

http://valveaudio.tripod.com/images/schematics/switcher1.JPG

Justin

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.