ELEKIT TU-8600S

I just run my 8600 like any other amp. I work from home so it's on about 12-14 hour a day. I started with the Cossor Blackplate 300Bs and the sound of the amp was noticeably better after about 60 hours. At about 150 hours I swapped in some Western Electric 300Bs and it sounded better immediately. Those tubes sound amazing right out of the box and I can't say that they have changed dramatically after another week of running it 12-14 hours a day.

If anyone wants to reduce the white noise and make the music even cleaner. You can get a power line filter for the amp. I tried one for a week and it seemed to clean up the sound even more. I am going to put the CD player and the network player on the power line filter as well and see there is any improvement.

https://canada.newark.com/corcom-te...wer-line-filter-3a-700ua/dp/52K3856?st=corcom
I am settled with the TU-8600S now. I didn't do a lot of mod other than bypass the internal volume pot and use an external EIZZ 24 step premium attenuator (the gold version with ARMS resistors) and now adding the power line filter.

Does something like this do the same job... I can order it locally and won't need to modify the amp to use it, just wire the correct pin plug to the unterminated lead end.
Screenshot_2022-01-26-10-39-35-86_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Hey all. 1st post.
Wondering what is involved with the setup for various AC Power sources with this kit. Is the kit truely universal: different primary taps for 100V, 220, 240V etc? or were they shipped with different transformers and electronics for different countries? Looking at buying an assembled one from a country with different mains voltage. What would be involved to convert to a different mains voltage?

The Amp comes with all the parts required to select the voltage required at time of assembly. Using certain parts dictates what the operating voltage will be. If you were to purchase anything built for a different voltage and the seller had the left overs from the kit, then you'd have what is needed already, apart from the correct wall socket/cord.

Reactions: 1 user
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
If anyone wants to reduce the white noise and make the music even cleaner. You can get a power line filter for the amp. I tried one for a week and it seemed to clean up the sound even more. I am going to put the CD player and the network player on the power line filter as well and see there is any improvement.

https://canada.newark.com/corcom-te...wer-line-filter-3a-700ua/dp/52K3856?st=corcom
I am settled with the TU-8600S now. I didn't do a lot of mod other than bypass the internal volume pot and use an external EIZZ 24 step premium attenuator (the gold version with ARMS resistors) and now adding the power line filter.
This one is pretty good and very easy to build in devices:

https://canada.newark.com/search?st=corcom 6egg1-2

The 6EGG1-1 is 3A rated and should also do with the 90W the TU8600S consumes @ 230V mains voltage. There are a few unfused types by the same brand that may fit without too much filing.

Last edited:
Happy New Year Everyone,

I'm having trouble with my build of the TU-8600S. About once every two weeks to a month, the amp goes into protection. About every 6 months a power tube fails. (Tubes have failed in both channels). I've checked and rechecked voltages, according to the build instructions, and everything is in spec. I've also run through all of the troubleshooting procedures and nothing is out of the ordinary - at least when I'm testing. I have no way to monitor over time. The latest tube to fail wasn't totally dark so I took it to a local shop that works on tube gear. I'm told the tube is reading at about 30%, like its worn out.

Has anyone else had any problems with their build? Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Smash